Seek Outside or Kifaru for Bowhunting/Meat Hauling

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Kevin_t or @RockChucker30, do you happen to have anyone showing your gear outside of Grand Junction, like Denver or surrounding area...?

Honestly, there are a few around, but I do not think any in Denver. Hey Kodiak , got you covered, Northern Europe sure. You may check Scheels on the eastern slope. I know they have asked about it.

I’ve been looking at both of those brands for a new pack, but here in MN there is no dealer to look at them in person, so I have been doing a lot of reading about both brands likes and dislikes from owners of them. The Goshawk is one of the packs I really have my eye on. Do you feel one brand has better craftsmanship than the other? If you could only chose one brand what would it be now that you have used both.
thanks
If I had to choose one it would be the SO. I have 2 of them now, the Goshawk and Divide. My wife has the Gila. The Stone Glacier is a very solid pack with amazing capabilities, but the X Pac is the best material for a pack anyone could dream up. I hate pack covers, and don't like the extra weight of storing my pack items inside of waterproof bags. The suspension on the SO pack is great, and swapping bags is quick and easy. I have a '14 Exo 3500 as well, it's a great pack too, but your stuff will get soaked in a thunderstorm if you don't use a secondary waterproof system. I believe Kevin and his team at So have done a great job of covering every hunters needs with their current lineup, and done some things that still elude the other high-end pack builders....like waterproofing.

If I had to choose one it would be the SO. I have 2 of them now, the Goshawk and Divide. My wife has the Gila. The Stone Glacier is a very solid pack with amazing capabilities, but the X Pac is the best material for a pack anyone could dream up.

States here that the SG Evo uses both 500D and XPac, to what extent I'm uncertain though...

Anyone out there able to chime in on this...?

States here that the SG Evo uses both 500D and XPac, to what extent I'm uncertain though...

Anyone out there able to chime in on this...?

Majority of SG bags are cordura. Xpac is on the back by the load shelf and doesnt do much to protect from rain.

I’ve been looking at both of those brands for a new pack, but here in MN there is no dealer to look at them in person, so I have been doing a lot of reading about both brands likes and dislikes from owners of them. The Goshawk is one of the packs I really have my eye on. Do you feel one brand has better craftsmanship than the other? If you could only chose one brand what would it be now that you have used both.
thanks

I have a seek frame and 3 bags and a SG xcurve 6900 in Brooklyn Center if you ever want to look at them a bit closer.

I am an avid whitetail hunter from pennsylvania. I hunt several states in the northeast and midwest every year. Wherever legal I quarter and carry the deer rather than drag them out whole.

I tried several methods and settled last year on kifaru. I run a duplex hunter frame and cargo panel with a guide lid. I have some pockets I add or delete from the cargo panel based on time of year and what I actually need. I made up a couple extra traps for stands and such. I have found the grab it very useful as well.

If packing clothes in I can use a dry bag or just strap them on cargo panel and go.

I am completely satisfied with my set up. I can carry any whitetail easily in rough terrain. I tried several kifaru bags and realized it was overkill for whitetail stand hunting. The cargo panel is perfect for packing stands and meat.

OP
C
thanks

I'm in the same boat. It's hard to choose

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I live in Alabama. I don't know anyone relatively close that carries them.
Correct, we do not focus on dealers .. however we do have a few specialty retailers in more remote areas. However, we do have a great return policy.

sndmn11

WKR
@Kevin_t or @RockChucker30, do you happen to have anyone showing your gear outside of Grand Junction, like Denver or surrounding area...?

I have large belt and medium belt and two packs. If you are in Denver and want to come by Davis Tent and let me know, I can bring them to work and you can do whatever you want with them. [email protected] or 3035611817

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply. I am not sure what all they carry so you may want to call them first .

bmf0713

WKR
I was in the same boat earlier this year and decided to go with SO. I was trying to shed weight and the SO packs were like 2-3 lbs lighter and being waterproof I didn’t have to carry a bag cover so even more weight saved. I was originally gonna go with the peregrine but went with the bigger lanner instead. I don’t regret my decision. Looks like they are running a Black Friday 10% off now.