Seek outside stove pipe issues?

Elite

WKR
Hello I am going to burn my stove and pipe In tonight. I have rolled the pipe up and installed the clamps but it seems to have some excess flap where there is no clamps. Is this normal for there pipe? It’s a 7 foot pipe and 7 clamps were sent
de197b038fcdafccab3aa97fe2c7fceb.jpg

2012cab03bffe93ba03909f8b4abadad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Put your pipe over the damper not inside,it will keep a great shape,one ring every 12 inches.Start a small fire for 30 min after that make it red hot.Don't over tight your wing nuts on your stove, titanium will expend with heat,if you tight them to much your side walls will wrap.Clean your stove and pipe before the first burn or youll have finger prints forever on it.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Put your pipe over the damper not inside,it will keep a great shape,one ring every 12 inches.Start a small fire for 30 min after that make it red hot.Don't over tight your wing nuts on your stove, titanium will expend with heat,if you tight them to much your side walls will wrap.Clean your stove and pipe before the first burn or youll have finger prints forever on it.

I do have the pipe over top of the dampener, Sounds like this is normal tho so we will see how it burns in!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Seek outside only provided 7 clamps? I run their tipi but went with the cylinder stove by liteoutdoors and my 7 ft pipe came with probably 15-20 clamps. But once you burn that thing hot it should mold better than that pic. I would still try and get more cable clamps though...

My LO pipe came with a ton of clamps. My first burn I used every one. After that I only pack about 1 every 12" or so. It works perfect. Don't need all the clamps after that.

tdhanses

WKR
If you use a broom stick to do the initial roll you’ll not have all the dents. If you burn it in with dents they’ll be there forever, cosmetic issue only.

This is great advice. Another tip is to burn the stove pipe from both ends to get an even burn through the pipe. It will stay much straighter over the long term.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
SO did only send 7 clamps and they suggest only using 1 every 12 inches. After my burn the stove pipe did straighten out a bit but still not 100% satisfied with how it looks..

reaper

WKR
SO did only send 7 clamps and they suggest only using 1 every 12 inches. After my burn the stove pipe did straighten out a bit but still not 100% satisfied with how it looks..

7 rings is perfect,if you don't have smoke leaks thats the most important things.Don't expect a perfect cylinder tube.
Take a look on my picture,my stove pipe is not perfect but i can say this set-up is working like a charm,i have spark arrestor ultra,with the damper set and the sxl stove...this stove pipe have 3 years+ and a lot of use.Like the other member said,turn the pipe to burn it equal.
9d91887e71d6370842e44df1f2091afc.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Only thing I'm concerned about is that all the smoke goes up the pipe. Looks are secondary to that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk