Seek Outside vs Stone Glacier Belt

I’ve been having issues with pressure points on my hips even when only packing moderate (eg camp) loads so I’m wondering if moving to a pack that has upper/lower adjustments on the belt might help alleviate some of that.

Has anyone used both the SG and SO and can you comment on the pros/cons of both belts in terms of changing the feel/pressure points on your hips?

Love both. SO belts are so different from everything. Thin, contoured, just comfortable. Lumbar pad is not even needed in most cases.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
This is my opinion.
SO belts are comfortable until you add weight over 30 lbs when using a lumbar pad. I had to use the lumbar pad due to the design of the frame hitting the top of my butt without it. When I had the lumbar pad and any weight over that 30lbs mark it would sag terribly and rub my hips raw.
The SG belt is significantly better and locks into place, and while I’ve used it less than the SO belt, it feels much better to me.

Mudd Foot

WKR
To reiterate the above comments, but from the viewpoint of having a fairly deeply curved lumbar area: have owned SO packs for several years. In my experience, I absolutely need a lumbar pad above 40 pounds to prevent slippage. In fact I over-stuffed the pad with 3 additional pieces of 1/2 inch thick foam that is stiff. It worked very well, but did not eliminate the slipping completely.

Fast forward: I bought a used SG X-curve Sky 5900 from another member here. Much easier to adjust the frame to my dimensions, remove straps, prep load shelf, etc. Loaded up 115 lbs after placing the additional 1/2” foam. (The foam I purchased appears to be the same stiffness as found in the SG Belt and Lumbar Pad. ) This doubled the SG lumbar thickness. There has been no slipping in the various training exercises and walking I’ve done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
Of the two, I only have experience with Seek Outside. I really like having the top and bottom straps on the belt. This is the first year I've used it and have packed out 2 elk so far this year. I tend to run with one tighter for a while, then loosen it up and tighten the other to help alleviate pressure. I had no slippage, but I also don't have a lot to compare it to. Before this pack I had a Mystery Ranch Metcalf that I couldn't keep from sliding down and rubbing my hips raw with just my regular gear (30-40lbs).

I didn't know Stone Glacier had the same feature, I'm sure it works well also.

fishslap

WKR
I’ve been having issues with pressure points on my hips even when only packing moderate (eg camp) loads so I’m wondering if moving to a pack that has upper/lower adjustments on the belt might help alleviate some of that.

Has anyone used both the SG and SO and can you comment on the pros/cons of both belts in terms of changing the feel/pressure points on your hips?
I’m up in longmont if you want to try out a kifaru, exo, and SO. The SO is the only one with upper and lower belt pulls. The SO is also new and in the classifieds.