Seekins havak element

Thanks. I guess it really is a stupid question. I saw a comment somewhere where a guy was getting CM velocity out of the PRC in the barrel that prompted my question….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm probably the wrong source on concerns about MV. I choose my barrels for convenience and to be honest muzzle velocity doesn't factor much into my choices. I like short barrels I can suppress easily and I just accept whatever velocity loss comes with that. Though as an aside, people do tend to overstate the velocity loss.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
@ShakeDown thanks for making me want to get my hand on my 6.5 PRC even more than I do now. Just as long as I get it with some time before spring bear I'll be happy. You shot an elk with that cartridge yet? I bought is strictly for deer/bear but the more I read about it the more I see folks using it with success on elk as well.

eoperator

WKR
I have a 6.5prc element/3-18 tenmile I was planning to put up for sale soon. Less than 100rnds on it, range use only. I bought it for my wife but the stock is to big for her.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
That is pushing a 147 pretty quick too. I am going to go with a little lighter (127 or 130 grain) as I like to shoot copper. NOT because I am scared of lead, but rather I process my own meat and the reduction in bloodshot meat from lead to copper is remarkable. Especially when my wife buries an elk front shoulder with her 300 WSM. I haven't rifle elk hunted in 10 years, but one day I may put down the bow and decide to chase one with the PRC.

2Jq0qWNh.jpg

Here are 130 terminal ascents out of a 21” 6.5 PRC element

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the barrel .700 after the 5/8x24 ?
Are you having to use a cb type mount than thread supressor on?
Tbac wants .725 so just curious.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Is the barrel .700 after the 5/8x24 ?
Are you having to use a cb type mount than thread supressor on?
Tbac wants .725 so just curious.
Me? I’m just direct threading my TBAC ultra 7 on. I think the TBAC direct thread is just the CB mount in the silencer.

Cool,just curious,I saw the drawing with there specs and was curious and wasn’t sure about having enough shoulder.

@ShakeDown thanks for making me want to get my hand on my 6.5 PRC even more than I do now. Just as long as I get it with some time before spring bear I'll be happy. You shot an elk with that cartridge yet? I bought is strictly for deer/bear but the more I read about it the more I see folks using it with success on elk as well.
We’ve killed 6 bulls with our elements in 6.5prc in the last 3 years. None have made it more than 40-50 yards. Shoot them in the vitals with a good bullet and you won’t have to track them. Shots from 80-719y.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
We’ve killed 6 bulls with our elements in 6.5prc in the last 3 years. None have made it more than 40-50 yards. Shoot them in the vitals with a good bullet and you won’t have to track them. Shots from 80-719y.
What bullets have you used? I am partial to copper only because of good experiences with minimal blood shot when using them vs lead core. I am stocking up on a bunch of different factory loads as I patiently wait to recieve by backordered rifle.

bpurtz

WKR
Does the element have an integrated rail?

@Axlrod, disregard, I was thinking about an integrated rail in the forearm not the scope rail…

I was hoping for an integrated m-lok rail.
I just ordered a 6.5 PRC Havak Element - haven't taken possession yet, but called Seekins to inquire about installing a short ARCA rail in front of the magazine and a short Picatinny rail at the forend.

Seekins has a service that will mill out and install a 2 slot Integrated Rail Attachment System (IRAS MLOK). You just send the stock to Seekins and for like $150 they mill out and install the IRAS MLOK and supply the ARCA rail. The parts alone would cost about $100 so roughly $50 for the milling + shipping - seems like a good deal.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I just ordered a 6.5 PRC Havak Element - haven't taken possession yet, but called Seekins to inquire about installing a short ARCA rail in front of the magazine and a short Picatinny rail at the forend.

Seekins has a service that will mill out and install a 2 slot Integrated Rail Attachment System (IRAS MLOK). You just send the stock to Seekins and for like $150 they mill out and install the IRAS MLOK and supply the ARCA rail. The parts alone would cost about $100 so roughly $50 for the milling + shipping - seems like a good deal.

Thank you. I really like the idea of an MLOK system so I could remove the ARCA rail when I was not planning on using a tripod.

I have an element in 7prc and love it, but I’m pretty set on getting an even shorter barrel for my suppressor and having a purpose built 600 yard gun. Thinking about selling it, buying a ph2 then doing a shorter pre fit barrel for that. Cost should come out to the same as what I paid for my element originally.