Havak Element vs PH2 Recoil

coachmks

FNG
Looking at getting a 300 WinMag in either a PH2 or an Element. Leaning towards the Element, but recoil may be an issue with a 6 pound gun shooting a 300 WinMag. I’ve shot a 300 for many years, but they are all heavier guns in the 8 pound range. I want a lighter gun this time, but I’m not sure what is too light concerning recoil for this caliber. The other issue is the PH2 has a 24” barrel. The Element has a 20” barrel. I wish I could get the 24” on an Element, and I can, but that is an additional $600. I will not be using a suppressor. I might use a brake at the range, but not when I’m hunting.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You have your barrel lengths confused. In 300 win mag, the PH2 has a 26” barrel and the element has a 22” barrel. I agree, a light weight 300 win mag will take some practice and in reality, most people won’t really ever shoot one enough to get truly proficient with. Cost of ammo and recoil are going to keep most people from shooting those guns that much. Some people will, most won’t.

If I was going to get one of those in 300, I’d just get the ph2 and have them put the 22” barrel on it, it’s still cheaper than an element and you get a bit of extra weight.

I have an element in 6.5 creedmoor and after I mounted a trijicon scope and a silencer, it’s about 8.25lbs. No longer a featherweight rifle.

OP
C

coachmks

FNG
You have your barrel lengths confused. In 300 win mag, the PH2 has a 26” barrel and the element has a 22” barrel. I agree, a light weight 300 win mag will take some practice and in reality, most people won’t really ever shoot one enough to get truly proficient with. Cost of ammo and recoil are going to keep most people from shooting those guns that much. Some people will, most won’t.

If I was going to get one of those in 300, I’d just get the ph2 and have them put the 22” barrel on it, it’s still cheaper than an element and you get a bit of extra weight.

I have an element in 6.5 creedmoor and after I mounted a trijicon scope and a silencer, it’s about 8.25lbs. No longer a featherweight rifle.
I was looking at 6.5prc barrel lengths vs 300 WinMag. I am still looking at other brands/models. Ideally, I would like to try a 6.5 pound gun.