Seekins PH2 6.5 PRC load development

BradySC05

FNG
Looking to start reloading for my Seekins 6.5 PRC and would like to know where guys are starting out at. I was shooting hornady 147 eldm factory ammo and it shot alright. Would definitely love to get it closer to 1/2 moa. Any suggestions are welcome! Have also considered bedding the action. Anything to get the groups tighter.

Cheers everyone!

Woitey

FNG
124-grain Hammer Hunters with 61.0 grains of Ramshot Magnum, using Federal 210 primers, will give me three-shot groups in the .2s at 3100 fps. In my Cooper Open Range. 1/8 twist.

Is it a PH2 or Element? Either way, it'll shoot great with good handloading without modification. Spend your time and money developing a good load, don't worry about changing the gun. Try ADG brass, H100, and a 156 EOL. Or Lapua brass, H4831sc, and 143 eld-x. Congrats on owning a great rifle, Seekins are hard to beat.

frogman43

FNG
My Kelbly's Koda in 6.5 PRC didn't really give me the results I wanted with the 143 Eldx, so I tried the 147 Eldm and put together a sub .5MOA load with 7828ssc. Ran out of 156 Berger's before finding a load/powder that I liked. Will work on it some more when I get the components to do so.

Good Luck!

eltaco

WKR
Looking to start reloading for my Seekins 6.5 PRC and would like to know where guys are starting out at. I was shooting hornady 147 eldm factory ammo and it shot alright. Would definitely love to get it closer to 1/2 moa. Any suggestions are welcome! Have also considered bedding the action. Anything to get the groups tighter.

Cheers everyone!

May be worth talking directly with Seekins regarding accuracy. I’m not sure what you’re shooting, but my Element is under 1/2 MOA with both factory 143 and 147. I know their customer service team will help you out if you’re significantly over this.

From my notes, here's what worked for my PH2, you shouldn't need to blow a ton of time in development, these guns shoot well and I'm sure would be fine with other combinations. I spent way too much time and money playing with different combos and they were all fine.

-I use ADG brass and F210 primers. Both match and regular versions work fine. Just what I have in stock.

-For 140VLD/EH and 156EOL bergers, seat boat tail-bearing junction to neck-shoulder junction of case
-Work up to ~56g of H1000 or N565 powder

The above yields sub 1" 10 shot groups at 100 yards. Velocity is low to mid 2900s for 140s, mid to upper 2800s for 156.

-For 124 hammers seat to last groove nearest the nose, crimp or not, either works but I like to give a little crimp.
-Work up to ~55g of RL26 or N560 powder.

The above easily shoots sub 1" at 100 yards for 10 shots for me. Velocity should be around ~3100. I killed a WT buck with this load last November, very impressive terminal performance.

Validate at needed distance to test drops and accuracy. Good luck, they are nice rifles. Hope you enjoy.