Am I the only person that can't get Berger 156 to shoot?

jonmt

FNG
I haven't been able to get any bergers to shoot bug holes. from 30 cal to .224

Yes 3/4 moa but after 20-30 rounds i give up because hammers have always shot better for me.

The_Whitetail_Kid

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't been able to get any bergers to shoot bug holes. from 30 cal to .224

Yes 3/4 moa but after 20-30 rounds i give up because hammers have always shot better for me.
That’s weird. I’ve always been able to get a 1/2 inch or better with the bergers in my guns and my dads guns.

jonmt

FNG
I even tried seating depth changes and powder changes.
With components being expensive and primers sometimes hard to find I stopped.

OP
NevadaMike
Did you ever get a chance to try the 4831?
I finally got out and shot the 156 Bergers with H4831SC and the groups are much better. With 51 grains I found my best group and about .5. That is only a 3 shot group so I am sure it will open up with a larger sample. Funny thing is I bought a box of Precision hunter to zero the rifle prior to shooting my handholds. First three shots were touching! Fluke I say. I went about shooting my 143ELD-X H1000 loads along with the 156 EOL hand loads. My results were pretty decent and certainly would work for hunting loads. After I was done and the barrel cooled I thought I would fling another 3 of the precision Hunter and wouldn't you know it all 3 were touching!!! I conformed the lot number and went back to the store and bought 4 more boxes. It is my Alaska rifle that stays there and I leave Wednesday so I had a time crunch anyway. Good enough.