Seekoutside Peregrine first use

mod7rem

FNG
For the past few years I’ve been struggling to find a day pack that I like for deer hunting. Typically I use a small pack and if I shoot something, I take a small load out to my truck and return with a big pack. I’ve tried many different ones over the years and although most are compact and easy to hunt and shoot with while wearing, they mostly suck for comfort and no ability to carry much once I kill something.
My main pack is a custom Mchale Critical Mass ll that I’ve been using since 2011 for all my backpacking trips, and it’s an incredible pack for long, heavy trips. It’s too big for day hunting so it always sits in the truck during deer season, only to be used when I shoot something. But that means an extra trip.
Last month I bought a previously owned but unused Peregrine with 2” extensions.
I’ve been using it this month deer hunting and so far I am extremely impressed with the compactness, comfort and ability to carry a load.
Yesterday I shot a WT buck and in one trip carried all the meat (4 deboned quarters, blackstrap’s, tenderloins, neck meat, heart and liver) plus small antlers on skull cap and my day gear in one trip. All the meat fit into the bag, gear in pockets, and clothing, mat and antlers strapped to the outside. The weight was 105 lbs and pack out was just less than an hour, but this is the closest thing I’ve found to the quality and comfort of my Mchale pack. Very impressed with it.

Phaseolus

WKR
My Peregrine has carried out three elk for friends this fall and 9 in it’s lifetime. I love it.

ethan

WKR
The peregrine is an awesome little pack and makes taking out a WT in one trip pretty easy. I’ve got the older xpac material and it’s a little loud for bowuntimg WT’s out of, but it does live in my truck during season!

Wrongside

WKR
The Seek packs are pretty hard to beat for weight & packing way down for day use, while still being decent load haulers.

That said, I’ve been a SO user for 10+ years and recently made a switch to a SG X-Curve. The SG is far more comfortable with heavy loads, for me and my body type, and still cinches way down for use as a daypack. And the load shelf is a far better design.

The only thing I’ll miss about SO is the ‘water resistant’ construction and materials.