Selkirk spike tent 14x14 Wall Tent shop or Spike III Tent Relite From Montana Canvas

bdowns1

FNG
Hello, Wondering if anyone has Experience with these two tents Pros and Cons. I know the Spike 3 is relite is way lighter. I've got Stock so the weight is not a issue. I'm just worried that the Spike 3 just is not big enough for 3 guys cots and gear with a stove. I'm traying to stay away from wall tent just for set up reasons. Another thought was a Cabela's Alaskan. Any ideas or feed back would be much appreciated thanks

bmart2622

WKR
The relite wont breathe as well and will condensate. I think the frame on the MT Canvas tent is going to be significantly bigger as well

mtbn

FNG
I had the spike 3 and it worked ok. 12'x12' with a pole in the center and the stove location will make it a little difficult to fit 3 full size cots, stove, wood and gear. You can put 2 cots end to end along 1 wall with the 14' tent. I would rather not have a sewn in floor in a pack in tent with a wood stove. You might look at the bigger Snowtrekker tents.

bmart2622

WKR
I was all in on getting the Selkirk until I found Snowtrekker. I know for a fact that 3 cots, stove, gear and a cooking area will work in the 13x13 Snowtrekker and be way lighter with a much more packer friendly frame