Selling red dot sight through mail

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a guy in another state that wants to buy one of my red dot sights (sig romeo 4h) and mail it to him. I’ve checked atf regs and done a bit of research. Can’t find anything that prohibits this and I buy red dots and scopes all the time in the mail through retailers. Is there anything I’m missing by selling this and mailing it to him in Virginia? I know about ITAR but is there anything else I need to consider. Yes, I know that it’s horrible to ask questions like this, but are there any glaring red flags?

Macintosh

WKR
Im not a lawyer, but I saw one on TV once, so my read is: Its not a gun and its not a hazardous material like an explosive or compressed gas, etc. No idea what regs there might be importing into the states, but assuming you are already in the states it is a harmless inanimate object and can be shipped via any carrier with zero bs. Just tell em its a telescope if they ask, and you wont be a liar nor will you be breaking any rules.

6.5x284

WKR
Just take the battery out or say no batteries and ship away. Most stores get worked up about batteries. I’ve had some leak acid and develop that powdery stuff (pressure at altitude on a cargo plane maybe?) so I remove them and tell buyer batteries not included. Get insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk