SG Krux frame + EXO bag

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a used exo 3500 bag off the classifieds here to mate it to the SG Krux frame.

Bottom 3/4" exo webbing cut off and 1" webbing loops with ladder-locks sewn in so I can use the webbing on the Krux frame

Same thing on the other side...1" webbing and ladder-locks

For the top attachment, I closed off the exo opening with some scrap cordura and sewn in some loops with ladder-locks just like on the SG bags. The exo bag frame attachment sleeve is a bit roomy for the slimmer SG Krux frame, so I sew 3/4" off each side and bar-tacked...More snug fit than before

More pics of bag/frame

Continued.....

Last edited:
OP
J

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
For the lid, the 3/4" exo wave-lock buckles were cut off and 3/4" tri-glides took their place. A piece of velcro is sewn in the middle along with a matching webbing with velcro on the lid

Pic of all the mods on this side

All done on this new to me Japanese made Singer 20U sewing machine (circa 1960s) that I picked up over the holidays for a smoking price. I wanted a machine that was a bit heavier duty than the portable table-top units that didn't cost an arm and leg. This one has reverse and the zig-zag function for bartacking...

Last edited:

jherald

WKR
Nice work. I've been wanting to upgrade my machine to do more heavy duty work with multiple layers of webbing and cordura so I can get projects like this done.

mauidiver

WKR
Sewing now!! You dog!! Been wanting to do that. Looking good there man. Looking good. Can't wait to see what your next project is.