Shape charge or 357 mag for treestand + sticks

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
im looking for a good option for carrying a treestand plus climbing sticks plus clothes (sanctuary set)

currently using an eastern ruck with a climber that works pretty well but having issues getting a platform and climbing sticks to work with it.

thinking about going with the shape charge or 357 mag just not sure how big they are compared to the ER. Wouldn’t mind a little more space than the ER but don’t want to go smaller.

any input is appreciated.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Get a frame and a Stryker and carry anything you want. It can size up or down to fit about anything. The only drawback is the frame will be a little bigger than the average daypack but the benefits are worth it.

OP
Crotalus

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
I think the Stryker bag is too small for what I am carrying. Looks like it’s only about half the size of the shape charge

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
It is smaller but you can compress anything between it and the frame. You can do the same with a cargo net and save some money but I don’t think you would regret getting the Stryker. I started with a tactical frame and cargo net and some belt pouches and upgraded to the Stryker. Watch some YouTube videos of it before you write it off. I think you would be pleasantly surprised with a one bag do all system if you added a lid and a few pockets.

OP
Crotalus

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
Still not into the Stryker but that did lead me to the quarter panel. New option may be to pick up a frame and quarter panel and pair them with the eastern ruck bag

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
This past season I used my frame with a cargo panel, guide lid, sherman pocket, and a couple belt pouches. I would say it worked fairly well although I primarily hunt out of a saddle so I am only carrying sticks and a platform. I too have the FL sanctuary set and always pack the jacket in. If I don't have too far of a walk I'll wear the bibs and just open the leg vents otherwise they'll get packed in too.

hflier

WKR
Although a little big I use a 44 mag. I have a predator platform and bought the predator pack/pouch and attached it to the back panel of the pack and the platform goes inside. I use an extra set of compression straps to attach my 20” inch sticks to the pack. This way I can carry everything I need including heavy clothes in the pack. I am a saddle hunter too, so my saddle, knee pads, heavy jacket and food etc. go inside the pack. If I get a deer I can probably get it all out in one load with this setup.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My buddy uses a shape charge with a climber and clothes. It should carry sticks and stand with clothes, no problem.

When the pack is full things ride a bit better. This is four Beast Sticks and Predator platform on a stock pack. No added straps or ties. There are better stacking sticks and I’m messing around with other ways to pack. B2A6A8AB-4DDB-4488-A674-CE0549C88B98.jpeg2A651287-03CB-486A-A6EE-6EFBE864E9B4.jpegD4E7B458-2AFE-4130-BD52-24DC94A0ADF8.jpeg

I’ve got the shapecharge with a Sherman. It’s my photo pack all year and then my whitetail pack come season. Though it’ll hold the sticks and all my stuff to me the decision would be based on temps you’re hunting in and terrain.
If I’m packing a stand in, I’m also not wearing my hunting clothes because it doesn’t do you any good to have them sopping wet when the temps drop. So I can honestly say, the shape charge holds - inside the bag - 1 jacket, 1 scentlock jacket liner medium weight, 2 underlayers for upper body, 1 scentlock pant underlayer medium weight. And that’s packed tight. Binos are in the Sherman, along with hat and gloves. Throw the steps on and she’s pretty loaded. If it’s under 20, I’m strapping bibs on the outside and when I duck under stuff I’m a bit of the hunchback and catching on some stuff.

The 357 has a lot more room, and for that exact reason I’ll be getting one for my 18yo son who will use it for backpacking lite 3-4 days and all of the whitetail season.
If you’re hunting warmer weather you might be ok with the shape charge only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk