Sheep and elk books

schur7559

FNG
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. My wife dragged me along for a tropical vacation in a couple of weeks and I’d like some western hunting books to vicariously live through. Have any of you read Sheep and Sheep Hunting by Jack O’Conner? Is it worth the $250 price tag online? I’ve looked at local libraries and came up empty. Im open to all other options but most of what I find in the sheep hunting department is ridiculously expensive. Any other good elk books to look for? Thanks all!

Same thing happened to me recently except it was absolutely an awesome trip. I read ocean themed books out there on the beach and it really gets you into the ocean.

I say read as in completed past tense, 3 kids contributed to my whopping 100 pages lol. Not a Ram book but “Leviathan: History of Whaling in America”

Its hard to not get into that book.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
O'Connor is great, but there's no way that book is worth $250 unless you're a collector. That man wrote a dozen books and a million words and after a while you basically get the idea. I'd just grab whatever you can from the library.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
You can find the Art of hunting north american big game book by Jack oconnor its a good read and much much cheaper. Ebay is a good place to find hunting books.

hunterjmj

WKR
Another good book is Idaho's greatest mule deer by Ryan Hatfield. Mostly pictures but lots of good stories. I recently picked up the Wyoming version. These are great books that you can pick up and glance at all the time.

gwtravis

Lil-Rokslider
51XVqUh2UQL._SL500_.jpg

Ain’t nothing cheap about bighorn sheep hunting, even the used books by long deceased authors. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.