Sheep Show 2020

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Never gone to any type of Hunting expo and was thinking about making the drive up to Reno for this to check things out. One question I had was are there other guides and outfitters that show
Up to these for say mule deer or elk hunts? I was told by someone that it’s not just sheep guides and outfitters that set up booths but also there are other guides and outfitters there.
Can anyone else confirm that that has been to this show?

I just booked flight and hotel. I'm excited to be back. A day of skiing and a day at the show. I'm hoping to get on the books for Dall. Or at the very least have my outfitter list narrowed down.

Kotaman

WKR
Never gone to any type of Hunting expo and was thinking about making the drive up to Reno for this to check things out. One question I had was are there other guides and outfitters that show
Up to these for say mule deer or elk hunts? I was told by someone that it’s not just sheep guides and outfitters that set up booths but also there are other guides and outfitters there.
Can anyone else confirm that that has been to this show?

Confirmed. You can book just about any species you want in Reno at WSF.

recurveman

Lil-Rokslider
Just booked the show for me and the wife. Really looking forward to the event. Can only make it on Friday - Sunday. If I like it as much as I think I will probably be back much earlier in the week next year.

the hack

WKR
First time attending this year, and stoked!

So the <1% events seem like a must attend. Knowing that the odds are still quite low are there any other banquets/raffles that makes sense to enter? Do you have to be present to win? I called the WSF and those details were not available (at least with the person I spoke with).

MtGomer

WKR
First time attending this year, and stoked!

So the <1% events seem like a must attend. Knowing that the odds are still quite low are there any other banquets/raffles that makes sense to enter? Do you have to be present to win? I called the WSF and those details were not available (at least with the person I spoke with).
You don’t have to be present to win the first <1 hunt but you do for the other ones. In general the odds are about 400-450:1, but there is no way to know the real odds becomes there’s no way to know which members are actually present so the odds are actually much higher. They often blow through several names before someone is actually there.
There are also raffles for hunts at the convention floor you can buy tickets for.
Also look at state chapters. Most of them have a raffle. The ID chapter is raffling a Stone now and the RMBS in Colorado has a raffle too.

the hack

WKR
Mt Gomer--thanks a TON! I'm starting to piece a plan together for the Show.

HenryC45

FNG
Doing both DSC and SCI this year - already booked for Tur and will likely be booking another Sheep or Goat hunt, or at least visiting with those outfitters while there.

Who you book your Tur with. Can you tell me why you chose that outfitter? Thanx.

Rackmastr

WKR
I'll be there for Thursday/Friday night and then part of Saturday including the LM Breakfast. Super excited as its my first year down there.

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
I just cancelled a reservation at Atlantis if anyone is still needing one. We had a reservation at Peppermill too and brother and I decided to just share a room.

I’ll probably drive up Friday, anything to prioritize over other stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianReno

FNG
Sheep show week, looking forward to walking the floor Friday afternoon. Anyone in town on Thursday the local chapter of the BHA is having pint night at IMBIB custom brews.