Shooting From Trekking Poles. Have you used Quick-Stix adapters?

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
They have some other additional products that look pretty interesting that build off the adapters. I will have to give them a try this year.

I've used mine a bunch in practice out to 650 yards seated using my pack as a rear rest. They work pretty well, not quite as easy or solid as my hatch bipod but totally great option with very little weight or $$$ penalty.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally, I’d skip the adapters and learn how to use your trekking poles with their hand loops. Much more versatile and flexible system.
^^^^^^^ this. I had a set and they do work as designed, but, as Chris says, learn and practice how to use your trekking poles. Super fast and very flexible as you can vary your poles any way you wish.

Randy

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
Personally, I’d skip the adapters and learn how to use your trekking poles with their hand loops. Much more versatile and flexible system.
Shooting off trekking poles is completely new to me. So I didn't know using the hand loops was even a thing. I will try and mess around and figure it out.

Juan_ID

WKR
The looping of the hand straps on the trekking poles works great as already mentioned. They can be used as a front or rear rest just as easy.

Jimbee

WKR
I bought a pair, but probably won't use them. IMO it's just as fast and easier to adjust your trekking poles when you loop the straps. The adapters are solid, just slow to adjust. I think they're a good product and definitely have a place, though.

I really like mine, wouldn't want to be without them. I also use the picatinny adapter and combined with a tripod for the rear is very stable. I use them year round for hunting and practice and have no complaints.

This. At least try with just trekking poles and the handles looped. I thought I needed the quickstix til I practiced with trekking poles and it's pretty easy to get the hang of

Last edited:

fmyth

WKR
I've had the Quickstix on my Costco trekking poles for 2 or 3 years and never used them to shoot from until this year. Spotted a nice buck on a hillside, had to climb through a tangled mess of huge sage and up a muddy hillside to get in "cross canyon" shooting position. The spot I climbed to offered a great shot opportunity but was steep, muddy and I couldn't use my pack. I pulled my trekking poles off the side of my pack and adjusted one side long one side short and used the Quickstix to connect them. Dropped the buck with 1 shot. Don't think I could have made the shot without them. I could have crossed the straps on the trekking poles but would have been too high to make it work. If you zoom in on the pic you can see the entrance hole just behind the front leg. Wish I had taken a pic of the grapefruit sized exit the 6.5C 143ELDX left on the other side.

Attachments

• 394455803_6931499616888887_7665601220365551135_n.jpg
    394455803_6931499616888887_7665601220365551135_n.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 72