Shooting From Trekking Poles. Have you used Quick-Stix adapters?

texag10

WKR
I've had them for a bit, used them once for real. Seated shot on an antelope at ~460 yds with my pack as a rear rest. I don't think I could've pulled off the shot without using the trekking poles + pack.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
One thing I'll say about the QuickStix is that I tend to carry my poles quite a bit, the QS lock one side so I can just carry both poles together with one hand and even use them both one-handed together as a walking stick. That was really nice this last trip, big fan just for that alone.
This is why I like them as well. Both poles can be in hand while having one hand free.

I was not a fan of their tripod set up, but love the QuickStix.

id_jon

WKR
I think they're worth it even if you dont shoot with them. Replaced my tipi pole, add an additional handle height below the grip, and make it easy to stick my poles together

One thing I'll say about the QuickStix is that I tend to carry my poles quite a bit, the QS lock one side so I can just carry both poles together with one hand and even use them both one-handed together as a walking stick. That was really nice this last trip, big fan just for that alone.

I definitely do this when I have a rifle in one hand. I’ve shot probably half my animals off of quick stix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
When I'm in an area where I might run into game at any time and the shooting will be 100 yards or more, I also hook my quickstix together while still hunting so I'm ready to go. I've used them on 2 elk this year, both sitting at 250 yards. The first, I was set up beforehand and would have had time to rig straps and whatnot instead of quickstix. The 2nd was on the fly. We came over a rise and there the elk were looking at us. I had them connected already and using as a single trekking pole. It was just drop to the ground, gun on sticks, boom. Very fast and convenient.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_0692.jpeg
Myself and a buddy have been making our own for quite some time out of Kydex.
It permanently mounts to one pole then make a clip that snaps onto the other pole. Works great but isn’t probably as sturdy as Wisers’s. But with a little practice achieves the exact same thing. I’ve shot multiple animals from mine.
This was the first elk with it in 2018.

elkit

FNG
Watch a couple YouTube videos on how to use the hand straps with your trekking poles. No need for anything else