Shooting high at most comfortable elevation setting

there's a list of things that can cause your problem ranging from the bow to you so it can be difficult to diagnose on a forum especially with limited info. id say start with the easiest suggestions and work from there.

BDRam16

WKR
Not tuned. New string. The groups are great though so can I not worry about tuning?
If you’re going to hunt with this bow you ABSOLUTELY should tune it. Even if the groups are good, if the arrow flight is off you will be losing a ton of kinetic energy.

OP
B

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
first, why move the housing and not just the pin? (don't know what sight you have)
here's something that I have found that gets you in the ballpark for peep height. measure distance from corner of mouth to corner of eye then multiply that by 1.9, that should be close to the distance of nock center to peep center. this method has worked for every bow I've set up as a starting point so let me know if you're far off that #. also, from bottom axle what is the measurement to center of d loop, usually you end up an inch over center of bow (axle to axle).
as for the low grip, if your bow doesn't have a low grip then you probably shouldn't shoot that way. if that's what's comfortable for you then I would look at either low wrist grips or wrapping the grip.
last question is, has the bow been tuned?
Ok the formula is almost perfectly on 0.1 higher for the string vs face at 6.2

Loop is 16 from the bottom 14.5 from top.

The pin is as high as physically possible.

I’ve modified the grip to be basically vertical. With epoxy putty.

The string has been shot a ton during this process.

Last edited:
ok, again with no data this is going to be a guess. first, those #'s don't add up so there seems to be alot going on.
1) 14.5+16 = 30.5. from that your ATA is off, which way I don't know but its either 31 or 30 ATA.
2) I think your d loop is a touch high but that also relates to #1 and your anchor may be a bit low.
3) just a guess but with that peep height that should mean you are about 6'2" and or have a long draw. if that is close then with a short bow you may not be able to get your nose to touch that string.
4) if the peep is at 6.2 you should have about 8" of string left or roughly 4" of allowable movement up with the peep depending on serving. you should not have speed buttons there as usually they don't help past 4" from axle . if they are just string silencers you can move them up.
heres where I would start, get your ATA set and get timing correct. then set your d loop with the berger hole. from there you can set you peep but don't worry about nose to string. if you want a anchor reference use a kisser button.

IdahoHntr

WKR
Ok the formula is almost perfectly on 0.1 higher for the string vs face at 6.2

Loop is 16 from the bottom 14.5 from top.

The pin is as high as physically possible.

I’ve modified the grip to be basically vertical. With epoxy putty.

The string has been shot a ton during this process.

To me it sounds like you’re a taller guy trying to shoot a shorter axle to axle bow. Posting the bow information might help diagnose.

If that is the case, then often it can be hard to have all the traditional anchor markers (nose to string, the corner of the mouth, etc.) and have the peep in a comfortable spot. Usually something has to give. I would suggest getting a different bow with a longer ATA for the future, but you can make this bow work. You just have to find new anchors and be consistent with them. Kisser buttons, nose buttons, or other facial anchor points can all help.

I would also guess that your d-loop is a little high if you really are running out of peep adjustment. You can try moving d-loop and rest down. The bow definitely needs a tune though, whether you move things or not. I would suggest finding someone who knows more about bows (archery shop for most guys) to help you in person. What we could talk about for days on this forum could be solved in under an hour at a good archery shop.