Short barrel rifle options for suppressor at light mountain weight?

CoStick

WKR
Well my goal of finding a fieldcraft is starting off slow, but I have time. Was also looking at seekins havak element but getting close to custom build price. Any other sub 6lb rifles 5/8 thread with shorter barrels worth looking at? Thank you

Well my goal of finding a fieldcraft is starting off slow, but I have time. Was also looking at seekins havak element but getting close to custom build price. Any other sub 6lb rifles 5/8 thread with shorter barrels worth looking at? Thank you
Kimber Montana/mtn ascent and they make the hunter in a threaded option as well

Drenalin

WKR
Have heard good things about the Kimber Adirondack. Gets you the short barrel and advertised under 5 pounds, if you can find one.

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
Kimber Montana/mtn ascent and they make the hunter in a threaded option as well
They don’t have enough barrel for 5/8, but it might be able to the front faced mount from tbac if the fluting doesn’t run too far down the barrel. Appreciate it, might be a good path and cost effective

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
Christensen arms are making sub 6 pound rifles with shorter threaded battles now might be worth taking a look
Thank you, oddly enough I am confident in kimber since I owned numerous with no issues. Has CA got their QC straightened out? They look great.

It’s metal. It’ll be cold to carry, however, I put a set of wrist guards on my hand guards to help fight the cold.

jhm2023

WKR
I just picked up an Element in 6.5 PRC. With a scope mounted, magazine in and a suppressor threaded on, it's only 7lbs 10 oz. Hard to complain about that and the length with a can is still pretty reasonable. Holding it in one hand and my wife's 22" 6.5 CM fieldcraft in the other, both with scope and suppressors, it's honestly hard to tell the weight difference. I'll take the negligible weight penalty to have the increased velocity the PRC offers. I think I prefer the stock on the Element too. Both great choices either way. The customer service from Seekins is incredible as well.

OP
C

CoStick

WKR
I just picked up an Element in 6.5 PRC. With a scope mounted, magazine in and a suppressor threaded on, it's only 7lbs 10 oz. Hard to complain about that and the length with a can is still pretty reasonable. Holding it in one hand and my wife's 22" 6.5 CM fieldcraft in the other, both with scope and suppressors, it's honestly hard to tell the weight difference. I'll take the negligible weight penalty to have the increased velocity the PRC offers. I think I prefer the stock on the Element too. Both great choices either way. The customer service from Seekins is incredible as well.
Thank you, what suppressor are your running on it?

jhm2023

WKR
Thank you, what suppressor are your running on it?
AB Raptor 30 cal 8 stack. Nice and light and reasonably short and sounds incredible. I think it's like 8 oz and 6.3 inches or something like that. The Fieldcraft is wearing a Rugged Radiant until my AB Raptor 10 stack is approved.

ElPollo

WKR
I have a Tikka in 300 WSM with a 20” McGowen barrel. I also have a Howa in 6.5 cm that is getting cut to 16.5” and is going in Peak 44 Blacktooth stock. Both guns will get use with an AB 8-stack suppressor with a 3” reflex. Still waiting on the ATF approval. What I like about their cans is the light weight and modularity.

axeforce6

WKR
Thank you, oddly enough I am confident in kimber since I owned numerous with no issues. Has CA got their QC straightened out? They look great.
I own/owned 5 different CA rifles. All have been flawless and shooters. I’d suggest looking at the new ridgeline FFT line. Lots of options and super light.

ID_Matt

WKR
I am a tikka fan boi. Buy one in the cartridge you want, chop the barrel and add your stock of choice. Hard to beat. Best bang for buck in my opinion. Great triggers, awesome actions, almost always accurate, and lots of choices for aftermarket upgrades.

I am a tikka fan boi. Buy one in the cartridge you want, chop the barrel and add your stock of choice. Hard to beat. Best bang for buck in my opinion. Great triggers, awesome actions, almost always accurate, and lots of choices for aftermarket upgrades.
This is what I did. I bought a stainless T3x in 300wsm for $800, then shipped it to Thunderbeast to have them chop the barrel to 20" and install their facemount brake for my Ultra 7. $120 for the service, $40 insured shipping each way. Shoots factory ammo right at 1moa all day and the price was right at $1,000 total.

ID_Matt

WKR
This is what I did. I bought a stainless T3x in 300wsm for $800, then shipped it to Thunderbeast to have them chop the barrel to 20" and install their facemount brake for my Ultra 7. $120 for the service, $40 insured shipping each way. Shoots factory ammo right at 1moa all day and the price was right at $1,000 total.
Awesome set up. Add a stock for $700 and I don't think anything can touch that for that price