Shotgun case

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m hoping to get some ideas from you all. A friend who is new to hunting bought a Benelli Supernova 12 gauge. I want to gift him a decent case to protect the gun while traveling by vehicle and perhaps storage. He definitely does not have & will never have a need for a gun safe. There are no kids at his home. I think he also fancies this as a home defense weapon.

Honyock

WKR
For a hard case look at the Cabelas Armor Extreme Lite single for $109. It's not a Pelican but I have flown with it several times with my Beretta shotgun and it's worked great for me so far.

Big fan of skb i series cases. I have some pelicans and for a scoped expensive rifle or some really serious travel, I think they are worth it. I keep going back to my I series cases for shorter hauls and truck hunting.

BlakeyD

FNG
Enjoy my Cabela's 52" Reserve Shotgun Case, comparable to the Boyt soft cases. Same boat as your friend, no need for a safe. I find the soft case extremely convenient for storing in the house and throwing in the truck when traveling to waterfowl hunts. Also comes in handy if needed in the blind and can easily be folded up and stuffed away if necessary.

OP
T

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
Great ideas. I did see the Cabelas soft case. It appears well made.

Lately I’ve been buying the shorter wider cases designed for AR15 guns and using them to store my shotguns (with the barrel separated). I find the size of them easier to handle and store in a closet or under a bed.