Your Purpose-Built Hunting Firearm Arsenal

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
(If this thread already exists, please tell me and I'll repost on the original)

When I was twelve years old I saved up $150 and purchased a Mossberg 500 12ga pump. I chose that gun because I thought I would be able to hunt every species imaginable with it--and I was right. It was a great first gun. Fast forward to my mid-30s and I just recently semi-retired my beloved Mossberg. It is no longer in the starting rotation.

In the intervening years I have bought smokepoles for various reasons: function, history, nostalgia, cool factor, but this thread is about the purpose-driven hunting elite in your stable. Here's mine, still a work in progress:

Concealed Carry: 9mm Springfield Hellcat, TLR7
Open Carry: 9mm CZ P10F, Holosun EPS, Streamlight TLR1
Waterfowl: 12ga Benelli Supernova 28"
Upland: UNFILLED, but considering a 28ga CZ Bobwhite
Big Game: 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka T3x, Zeiss v4 4-16, multiple stocks
Medium Game: UNFILLED, but planning a .22cal Tikka around 80gr. ELDm
Small Game: .22LR Marlin Model 57 microgroove, BSA 3-9
Turkey: 12ga Supernova, but also considering TSS in my Stevens .22-410 with rifle sights, or a new 24" barrel (can't find one anywhere!) for my Mossberg.
Pack Gun: .410 bore Stevens(?) takedown single shot. This gun isn't mine, it is my buddy's. He brings it and we use it to fill the pot on backpacking trips and big game hunts.

There you go. I almost didn't include concealed carry but sometimes I do use it while hunting and fishing. I'm hoping this thread will help a twelve year old kid somewhere map out a plan for their future.

"A Place for Everything. Everything in its Place."

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
Thats a bold move, listing so much of your collection with the possibility of feds monitoring (call me crazy if you want, doesn't bother me).

I'm not that brave.

But suffice to say that I thought similarly in my youth. I had my 12 I got when I was15, I wanted a big game rifle, and a 22 and I figured that would be it.

Now, quite a few years later I now have multiple options in most categories with some specialty here and there.