Shotgun Slug Scope Recs

rclouse79

WKR
I got an swfa fixed 6x mil scope for my savage 220. The 20 gauge slug drops so fast I had to print a dope chart for every 5 yards, but it is dead on out to 200 yds when sighted in at 100. It is one of my favorite gun/sight combos.

Chode223

FNG
I have an older Remington 1187 with the rifles barrel, so not nearly as accurate as these 220s. Depending on the type of cover you hunt, I would recommend a good 1-4 type scope or even a red dot or something like that. I often find the magnification gets in the way and isn’t needed at the ranges I’m hunting (inside of 100).

summs

Lil-Rokslider
North east and shotgun only, so either MASS, CT or NJ. I am in NJ and the gun of choice is a savage 220 with a nikon slughunter 3x9 scope which is good out to 200 yards. Tack driver and powerful.

I dont like 20 gauge slugs, they work, but more expensive and sometimes hard to find.

Buy a muzzleloader, very generous season in the NE. I know in NJ it's 9 days extra over permit shotgun.

Being in Illinois I've always had a 3-9 on my slug guns, Leupold. Knowing what I know after using a 1-5 on my AR my thought is that Leupold 2-7 would be just right for any slug gun of mine.

matt.jans

FNG
So, I settled on a cheap TruGlo fixed mag scope. May regret that. But first I need to zero it. First range day with my hunting slugs left my shoulder sore. Just found LimbSavers. On my way to bass pro. In addition to that, any tips on lighter load slugs for zeroing? My hunting loads are Hornady SST sabot slugs. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Joebe

FNG
I have a Savage 220, had an older VRX2 3x9 laying around, Shoots around an inch and a half at 100 yards. If I hadn't already had the scope I would have put one of these on.

1699560450077.png