sig 365 for CC

lubbockdave

Lil-Rokslider
held one of these today along with the M&P and the hellcat-found the hellcat interesting, the M&P unremarkable, but the sig fit very well in my hands. Was wondering though, there were 2 versions, one with normal night sites, and another version, the P365SAS with FT bullseye and all the anti snag "treatments". Kind of liked it, but there was $100 difference between the two sigs. Is the $100 difference worth all that in real world application? Just wondering really.

WTFJohn

WKR
Skip the SAS model (slick sights). Get any other 365, preferably one with a red dot optic cutout. Mount a red dot and join the future. I also prefer the Wilson Combat grip module to either the 365 or 365XL grip module, the combination of stippling and finger tapers makes for a large improvement in natural point of aim (it is probably also because I shoot a 320 with a similar WC grip).

I have an xl. If I’m not mistaken the early sas models had some issues. I wasn’t a fan of it but I do like my xl. The latest model with the xl frame and standard slide is what I’d get if I was to get another. I prefer the larger grip

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
P365 is my almost everything but the woods carry. I slapped a red dot on that with 2 15 round magazines and I’m ready to go.

Skip the M&P. You don’t need the SAS. Get one optic ready and decide if you like the regular or XL better.

I got the regular as someone who didn’t like me said I had small trump hands.

grfox92

WKR
I've been carrying a Hellcat everyday for over a year now and I'm switching to a 365 in the future. I'll probably go with the XL as I don't shoot micro compacts that well.

The SAS I wouldn't go near. I've heard of them not being zeroed from the factory and if they aren't you have a gun that doesn't hit where you point it and there is nothing you can do about it on that gun.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

TFrank

WKR
When I picked up my sig I went with what I know and train with. That would be the normal sites. I have never found snagging on the draw ever being a problem. I did look at that FT Bulls eye, it was cool but just ended up going with old reliable. 365 is a great CC.

Another vote of confidence for the 365. Mine shoots great and fits anywhere you would want a CC to fit. I have the desert tan with night sights

Hunt260

FNG
I’ve carried a p365xl every day for about 2.5 years. I do a lot of bending and crouching in my job and I’m around the public. It’s super comfortable to carry and conceal. It is a perfectly reliable handgun and more accurate than is necessary. The xl is cut for a red dot and I think that helped me greatly with target acquisition speed and accuracy.

I would recommend buying the xl over the 365 because the 365 grip module can be bought for about $40 and fits on the xl. Then you can have both guns for extra versatility. The xl has a little longer barrel, for better ballistics. The longer barrel does not hinder carrying at all since it is below the belt line.

I too have the standard 365 and absolutely love it for every day carry. You wont be disappointed. I recommend it to anyone who asks.

I would definitely skip the SAS version and I second the other poster who said to get one with a red dot cutout. I went with the 365XL and it is a dream to carry. I thought that the regular 365 was too small and didn't seem to be any better at being concealed - the XL is still a small pistol and conceals amazingly. I often walk the dogs after workouts and can just tie the drawstring on my workout shorts and can carry my XL appenix with zero issues.

tony

WKR
Sig has really expanded the 365 line. I have the "regular" model, factory night sights, 2 mags. Great little gun.
The SAS has porting I believe, don't really understand the need for it.
I also have a 1st gen M&P shield 9mm, nice gun as well. I sold off my glocks for M&Ps, have a full size and bodyguard .380.
I'd like to get that new sig mid size P320 is it?

Another sig p365 fan and also fell like you can skip the SAS Version. A bit of a gimmick that never caught on IMO.

consider the XL. I have and carry both. The regular 365 conceal better and shoots well and the XL shoots better and conceals well. If I only had one it just might be the XL.

DESERT ED

FNG
Just got a 365x with the red dot cutout a couple weeks ago. Was running a gen5 G26 for some years now. After handling one months ago I couldn’t stop thinking about it. It’s 4 oz lighter with the same rounds. Even though it’s only a little skinnier it feels much better in my back pocket. I got the one with no safety and it comes with night sights. I got a trigger guard for pocket carry. I really like it. Definitely going to get a rds for it.

KenLee

WKR
I've been carrying a Hellcat everyday for over a year now and I'm switching to a 365 in the future. I'll probably go with the XL as I don't shoot micro compacts that well.

The SAS I wouldn't go near. I've heard of them not being zeroed from the factory and if they aren't you have a gun that doesn't hit where you point it and there is nothing you can do about it on that gun.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I was off with the SAS with no way to correct. Glad I tried one at range before I bought. Ended up with both the regular 365 and the XL. Eventually bought another 365 for lady friend

whaack

WKR
Can’t go wrong with the P365 platform. That said forget about the SAS model.

The P365XL is my EDC, soon to be replaced with the macro as soon as my holster gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try a Glock 43x? I went to store thinking I wanted a 365 and left with the 43x.

Your question about the extra $100 is warranted but honestly if you need to use your gun you should be willing to give your left nut for an extra sliver of advantage.

I don't really get the idea of people constantly changing their carry gun as if it is a watch or a tie. Get proficient with whatever then give yourself the advantage of familiarity.