sig 365 for CC

sacklunch

WKR
I haven't heard of any p365 drop safety issues, have you?
It was a comment made in jest…being a lifelong Glock owner who gave sig a try.

Enough overall failure issues to make me sell mine. Never heard of glocks firing without the trigger being pressed, can’t say the same the sig brand. even with the 365 not having the recall the 320 did, it’s got plenty of known issues. you willing to trust that a broken firing pin (known issue) isn’t going to put one in your leg? The failure to return to battery is enough for me on a reliability factor. Too many threads to list, here’s just one. I’ve put nearly 10k rounds of the cheapest ammo I can find through my oldest G19…not a single failure, not once. If it’s a carry gun, that matters. If it’s a range toy, not as much heartburn. My two cents, since you asked.

fwafwow

WKR

Enough overall failure issues to make me sell mine. Never heard of glocks firing without the trigger being pressed, can’t say the same the sig brand. even with the 365 not having the recall the 320 did, it’s got plenty of known issues. you willing to trust that a broken firing pin (known issue) isn’t going to put one in your leg? The failure to return to battery is enough for me on a reliability factor. Too many threads to list, here’s just one. I’ve put nearly 10k rounds of the cheapest ammo I can find through my oldest G19…not a single failure, not once. If it’s a carry gun, that matters. If it’s a range toy, not as much heartburn. My two cents, since you asked.

Posts 17 and 51 in that thread were the most informative for me, and the fact that the OP seems to have joined to complain about his pistol.

sacklunch

WKR
Posts 17 and 51 in that thread were the most informative for me, and the fact that the OP seems to have joined to complain about his pistol.
One of countless threads on the internet with Sig reliability/safety issues…

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

I am far from a Sig fan, but yes there were plenty of “it just went off” with Glocks in the 90’s. It made national news as well. And just like with the Sig, it was BS from people that were trying to claim they didn’t pull the trigger. Glocks have plenty of reliability issues at times, and are not the wonder pistol across the board that gets bantered about any more than AK’s are.

It is worth noting that not one of the “it just went off in the holster” Sig claims has been able to be replicated even once by multiple legitimate test labs no matter what they did, or how many times they did it. I am more than a bit familiar with several of those cases and in each one something pulled the trigger.

sacklunch

WKR
I am far from a Sig fan, but yes there were plenty of “it just went off” with Glocks in the 90’s. It made national news as well. And just like with the Sig, it was BS from people that were trying to claim they didn’t pull the trigger. Glocks have plenty of reliability issues at times, and are not the wonder pistol across the board that gets bantered about any more than AK’s are.

It is worth noting that not one of the “it just went off in the holster” Sig claims has been able to be replicated even once by multiple legitimate test labs no matter what they did, or how many times they did it. I am more than a bit familiar with several of those cases and in each one something pulled the trigger.
So sig agreed to a recall of all pistols born on or before a certain date for a parts swap because someone ND’d…that doesn’t pass the smell test.

At the end of the day though, the Glock design is through the growing pains, that’s clear and it’s pretty well established in the reliability dept I’ve the sig P series. I have yet to have a FTF/F with my glocks ever. I can’t say the same for my sig.

Range toy, sure. But for a carry or duty pistol, I’m not taking that chance.

Last edited:

texag10

WKR

So the answer was "no".

Have you heard of broken strikers from the 2018 updated design? Have you heard of that issue causing an AD? All I've read were striker tips breaking so the gun wouldn't fire on initial run guns.

To be clear, I'm not coming at this from a glock vs sig thing. I carried a g19 concealed, an early gen 4 g17 that was supposed to be the "bad" RSA on duty as an LEO (that one did 1500 rounds in 2 days in freezing rain, then hit IPSC steel at 150 offhand) and competed with a gen 3 g34. They all worked fine.

I think there are enough people with enough rounds through 365s now that anyone should feel fine carrying one after firing enough rounds of range and carry ammo to vet reliability of their particular pistol....just like any other pistol.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
held one of these today along with the M&P and the hellcat-found the hellcat interesting, the M&P unremarkable, but the sig fit very well in my hands. Was wondering though, there were 2 versions, one with normal night sites, and another version, the P365SAS with FT bullseye and all the anti snag "treatments". Kind of liked it, but there was $100 difference between the two sigs. Is the $100 difference worth all that in real world application? Just wondering really.
If you have large hands, shoot the hellcat and 365 first. I have large hands and literally can't shoot the 365 or hellcat well. The grip will often shift in my hands because it's so small. I ended up going with the m&p and haven't looked back. My friends don't think I'm as cool but I still shoot better than most of them lol

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So sig agreed to a recall of all pistols born on or before a certain date for a parts swap because someone ND’d…that doesn’t pass the smell test.

That’s not correct. There are two separate things being said about the P320 pistol series- one, is a potential drop firing problem, which while it was a real issue, also was unbelievably overblown as the pistol did infact pass industry drop test standards. That wa style voluntary “upgrade” and is over. The second issue that is repeated often, and what you are conflating/confusing is that the pistols randomly fire in a holster. Let me be perfectly blunt- that is complete bullshit. The pistols do not fire by themselves.

At the end of the day though, the Glock design is through the growing pains,

No they aren’t. All their new designs generally have upgrades and issues. The 43’s, 42’s, 48’s, each new generation- Gen 1/2/3/4, etc. Yes a Gen 3 or Gen 5 M19 or 17 is a well established pistol at this point, but that doesn’t necessarily transfer to every other Glock.

that’s clear and it’s pretty well established in the reliability dept I’ve the sig P series. I have yet to have a FTF/F with my glocks ever. I can’t say the same for my sig.

Ok. Glocks malfunction like ever other pistol, though 9mm versions tend to be extremely reliable. I shoot and see shot several hundred thousand rounds a year from both Gen 3 and 5 Glock 19’s and Sig M17/18’s. Malfunctions happen with all of them, however the M18 and Gen 5 19’s have less than the others.

Range toy, sure. But for a carry or duty pistol, I’m not taking that chance.

Again- ok. But why not be correct in your arguments instead of continuing misinformation?

fwafwow

WKR
7njrhz.jpg

sacklunch

WKR
That’s not correct. There are two separate things being said about the P320 pistol series- one, is a potential drop firing problem, which while it was a real issue, also was unbelievably overblown as the pistol did infact pass industry drop test standards. That wa style voluntary “upgrade” and is over. The second issue that is repeated often, and what you are conflating/confusing is that the pistols randomly fire in a holster. Let me be perfectly blunt- that is complete bullshit. The pistols do not fire by themselves.

No they aren’t. All their new designs generally have upgrades and issues. The 43’s, 42’s, 48’s, each new generation- Gen 1/2/3/4, etc. Yes a Gen 3 or Gen 5 M19 or 17 is a well established pistol at this point, but that doesn’t necessarily transfer to every other Glock.

Ok. Glocks malfunction like ever other pistol, though 9mm versions tend to be extremely reliable. I shoot and see shot several hundred thousand rounds a year from both Gen 3 and 5 Glock 19’s and Sig M17/18’s. Malfunctions happen with all of them, however the M18 and Gen 5 19’s have less than the others.

Again- ok. But why not be correct in your arguments instead of continuing misinformation?
Now you’re putting words on my mouth to prove your point. I never once referred claims of a pistol firing from a holster, if you want to talk about misinformation.

A lot of ‘yeah, but’s’ in your reply in attempting to minimize the reliability/safety issues. Also, ref my OP, it was stated, G19. I only 3 gen 3’s. Unlike folks on this forum, the latest and greatest fad, G19X, Sig P series isn’t always the best, for reasons stated above ref the growing pains.

Still begs the question, why not carry the largest capacity, most reliable pistol you can find for concealed or duty? To each their own, but let’s not pretend the sig should, as it currently stands, be at the top of the list given those priorities.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Now you’re putting words on my mouth to prove your point. I never once referred claims of a pistol firing from a holster, if you want to talk about misinformation.

No, I didn’t put words in your mouth. What are you talking about here then-

Sig didn’t issue a recall because someone ND’d.

A lot of ‘yeah, but’s’ in your reply in attempting to minimize the reliability/safety issues.

There is no attempting anything. I see a massive amount of use with Glocks and Sigs and I am more than familiar with the largest issuing organizations of Sigs, and what you seem to be attempting to talk about, and what is making the news are factually incorrect. As for reliability- the Sig M18’s have a higher MRBS than G19 Gen 3’s for the US military in acceptance testing, yet both are way above required. The Gen 5 G19 had a higher MRBS in a national agency testing, yet both were way above required.

Sig sucks, but the Sig P320 is not an unreliable pistol.

Still begs the question, why not carry the largest capacity, most reliable pistol you can find for concealed or duty?

What pistol in your experience e with large contract testing is the largest capacity and most reliable pistol? And, how reliable is reliable enough? What MRBS is acceptable, and once that MRBS is reached, should only MRBS be looked at as a selection criteria, or most shootability, performance, etc also be given weight?

To each their own, but let’s not pretend the sig should, as it currently stands, be at the top of the list given those priorities.

How many rounds through any Sig P320 platform do you have, and what has been the results?

fwafwow

WKR
What did you mean by this quote - “you willing to trust that a broken firing pin (known issue) isn’t going to put one in your leg?”?

sacklunch

WKR
No, I didn’t put words in your mouth. What are you talking about here then-

Sig didn’t issue a recall because someone ND’d.

There is no attempting anything. I see a massive amount of use with Glocks and Sigs and I am more than familiar with the largest issuing organizations of Sigs, and what you seem to be attempting to talk about, and what is making the news are factually incorrect. As for reliability- the Sig M18’s have a higher MRBS than G19 Gen 3’s for the US military in acceptance testing, yet both are way above required. The Gen 5 G19 had a higher MRBS in a national agency testing, yet both were way above required.

Sig sucks, but the Sig P320 is not an unreliable pistol.

What pistol in your experience e with large contract testing is the largest capacity and most reliable pistol? And, how reliable is reliable enough? What MRBS is acceptable, and once that MRBS is reached, should only MRBS be looked at as a selection criteria, or most shootability, performance, etc also be given weight?

How many rounds through any Sig P320 platform do you have, and what has been the results?
G19 is hands down the most reliable and shootable pistol for carry or duty. My opinion, also backed up by the countless contracts from local/state/fed and defense.

I’d never spend my money on the P320, it offers nothing over a G17/19 platform. Have owned a P365 since its inception, sold recently, more failures to feed with a variety of ammo in the last couple years than I’ve had in the lifetime of my Gen 3 glocks.

Here come the sig fans….circle the wagons boys!!

Last edited:
G19 is hands down the most reliable and shootable pistol for carry or duty. My opinion, also backed up by the countless contracts from local/state/fed and defense.

I’d never spend my money on the P320, it offers nothing over a G17/19 platform. Have owned a P365 since its inception, sold recently, more failures to feed with a variety of ammo in the last couple years than I’ve had in the lifetime of my Gen 3 glocks.

Glock grip angle is incomp with most other handguns.
If you only shoot Glock or possibly Ruger 22s, no problem. If you shoot 1911 or most other handguns, your muscle memory will put rounds high, which is a problem in the most urgent situations.
Glock fans need to remember this.

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Local/state/Fed don’t always choose guns based on “most reliable and shootable”; it’s probably rare actually.

sacklunch

WKR
Local/state/Fed don’t always choose guns based on “most reliable and shootable”; it’s probably rare actually.

Curious if you’re implying it’s price? if so, I’d wager a G19 and a P320 on a gov contract are pretty equal from a price standpoint. But don’t have that data. Maybe someone can chime in with that. But to say that reliability isn’t a factor in what contracts departments award, I think is a big stretch, more so if costs are relatively equal.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
G19 is hands down the most reliable

The M17 or M19 could probably lay claim to the highest mean rounds between stoppages of current pistols, none of the other models generally could.

and shootable pistol for carry or duty.

If “shootable” means highest performance of speed and accuracy, no Glocks are not the most shootable pistols. Of all the striker fired pistols, the Sig P320 series has that one. The trigger in the P320 is lighter, shorter, doesn’t stack and is more consistent- it’s easier to shoot. Which is also the same reason that people are having ND’s and blaming it on the gun- it’s easier to shoot. I’m every department and agency I am aware of that switched from Glocks to Sigs, scores went up more than they should have due to just the new gun phenomenon.

My opinion, also backed up by the countless contracts from local/state/fed and defense.

The problem is that an appeal to authority, yet you have no knowledge of what was involved in the testing of pistols by those organizations, nor why those orgs chose what they did. Sig is dominating large purchase contracts for the last few years, and precisely because the guns are modular and easier to shoot.

So you have never owned or used one of the things you are railing against, and only have a sample of one with the other thing, yet are convinced you are correct?

I do not love Sig, or any manufacturer, however there is way too much “I hate sig” blinding even some generally very knowledgeable people from evaluating the system on its own merit. My experience is that people that rail against the Sig P320 are those with the least experience with them. I disliked them too… and then I personally shot 40,000 rounds through two in less than a year.

Having seen hundreds of Sig P320 series pistols used extensively in some of the harshest environments and firing schedules, the absolute massive amount of rounds fired through them by everyone from nearly brand new shooters to world class, the P320 has a few warts- but general reliability and safety aren’t among them. Short, light triggers without a manual safety is not a recipe for good things, but a P320 with thumb safety and a different grip module is an extremely shootable, reliable, and worthy field/carry pistol.

The Sig P365 is an even better pistol for generally CCW and is not an issue for carry at all.

Clearly “fan boy” is my behavior; I never have actual experience about a subject before I comment.