Sig image stabilized 10x

Just got a pair. Very, very impressed. The glass is great. It’s no swaro, but the stabilized image overcomes any.. any.. non stabilized image. I was watching vapor trails holding them off hand spotting hits for a buddy.

Just got a pair. Very, very impressed. The glass is great. It’s no swaro, but the stabilized image overcomes any.. any.. non stabilized image. I was watching vapor trails holding them off hand spotting hits for a buddy.

How do you feel about the magnification? Will you stick with the 10x or go higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
tombombadil
Yes, I’d guess as light or lighter than standard 8x. If you want max FOV and are glassing a little tighter conditions, maybe the 8x are better. But as a do-all I’m very happy.

JeffP_Or

WKR
I was able to hold and look through a pair of these - my initial impression, especially in consideration of the cost, is how anybody could pass this option up if looking for handheld glass. They work both as 'normal' and 'image stabilized' by flick of a switch and the technology was impressive.
The owner was literally looking through the glass as we walked/hiked into areas; he said it is a timesaver for him simply from that aspect. If he wanted to look at something that caught his attention, up went the binos - if it held his interest and was worth a stop, we would. Sitting and scanning didn't require bracing or anything.
His only issue after having them for a season or two [I think] was he was challenged at finding a battery that would last in them. The first he tried, had cold weather issues so he tried to improve that with lithium cells - those apparently were worse and did not last a week. He was on a normal 'long-life' cell when we talked and they had been the best [I don't know exactly what brand/model battery it was].
The only thing to my mind was the objective looked small but I never got to compare them in low light.
Definitely has me rethinking my 10x42 HD's....