Sig Kilo8K ABS and Gunwerks BR4 RF Field Review

chindits

WKR
Any updates?

I briefly tried finding the operating temperature range specs of the sig, no luck. Do RF specs usually not list an operating temp range spec?!
They do on their web site. Not sure where you are looking. -4 isn’t all that stellar in my environment.
E06F75A8-4F11-417F-9673-B51D9B84F629.png

They do on their web site. Not sure where you are looking. -4 isn’t all that stellar in my environment.
View attachment 404422

Oops, sorry I see now you are asking about the sig.
yea, well -4 is apparently worlds better than the sig lol, at least revic has a temp range listed, the vortex fury 5000 AB LRF binos is also -4, decided to go with those for now because i want a pair of binos anyways

Sako300

WKR
What brand of rangefinder pouch works for Revic r4 that can be attached to the many popular Bino harnesses out there???? Is it bulky?

I’m kinda curious about one point, which is basically lens condensation. I don’t own either of these and have zero dog in this fight. I like the features the Sig comes with, and honestly haven’t looked at the br4 but it seems pretty slick.

The br4 comes with an lens cover which would presumably keep condensation/frost off the lens at low temp, and the Sig does not. Lens obstruction will obviously affect beam divergence/reception. Maybe it really is a cold-soak problem, but normally a rf is going to ride on a pouch which as discussed won’t keep it above ambient for any meaningful amount of time, but it will keep moisture/dust/obstructions off. The original pics showed snow all over it. Just curious if there was a control for the Sig being covered in snow and the br4 having its lenses covered.

Conrad

FNG
Has anyone had an 8k drain the battery very quickly even just when sitting around not being used? I can leave the battery in my 2400 ABS literally for a year or more (I have multiple RF's) and it is fine, but I've already swapped the battery in the 8k multiple times in under a year.

How did clarity seem to you on the BR4? I just got mine and am having a really hard time getting it to focus no matter which way I go. The sig 2200 I was comparing it to had way better clarity.

How did clarity seem to you on the BR4? I just got mine and am having a really hard time getting it to focus no matter which way I go. The sig 2200 I was comparing it to had way better clarity.
When I say bad clarity like I am worried about finding an animal in it to get a range. Thinking I have something wrong and just need to send it in.

You have something wrong. I just bought the BR4 and literally just walked in the door from ranging 12”x12” ar500 plates from 500-1000yds. No issue at all finding/seeing them nor getting a range. I also have the Sig 2400 ABS. I have not compared the clarity between the two yet, but can. Either you got something with yours or you aren’t dialing the focus diopter correctly.

You have something wrong. I just bought the BR4 and literally just walked in the door from ranging 12”x12” ar500 plates from 500-1000yds. No issue at all finding/seeing them nor getting a range. I also have the Sig 2400 ABS. I have not compared the clarity between the two yet, but can. Either you got something with yours or you aren’t dialing the focus diopter correctly.
That’s what I’m thinking. I let everyone else in my group try it and no one could get it to a point that they could have a clear view. I know it’s probably not swarovski or Leica glass but wouldn’t think it would be that bad. Once I can get something lined up it has no issues ranging out to 2500 yds that I am trying but I am basically pointing it at a hillside and ranging.

Flyjunky

WKR
That’s what I’m thinking. I let everyone else in my group try it and no one could get it to a point that they could have a clear view. I know it’s probably not swarovski or Leica glass but wouldn’t think it would be that bad. Once I can get something lined up it has no issues ranging out to 2500 yds that I am trying but I am basically pointing it at a hillside and ranging.
When you’re adjusting the diopter can you see any difference in clarity? Im betting there is something wrong with the mechanism. Send it back.

Just took both outside and compared them. BR4 is a clearer brighter picture and it’s obviously magnified unlike the Sig.

The Sig is still very clear, but it does have a very faint blue-ish hue to the glass that has been frequently commented about.
Both have very clean clear glass to be honest. The BR4 is just a bit more brighter/whiter if you will.

As flyjunky said, your diopter may not be operating properly.

When you’re adjusting the diopter can you see any difference in clarity? Im betting there is something wrong with the mechanism. Send it back.
Yeah it goes from mostly blurry to blurry.

Just took both outside and compared them. BR4 is a clearer brighter picture and it’s obviously magnified unlike the Sig.

The Sig is still very clear, but it does have a very faint blue-ish hue to the glass that has been frequently commented about.
Both have very clean clear glass to be honest. The BR4 is just a bit more brighter/whiter if you will.

As flyjunky said, your diopter may not be operating properly.
Copy that. Thanks for the response I will get ahold of Gunwerks