Who is doing the head to head for us? Sig Kilo8K-ABS vs Gunwerks BR4

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth I got a kilo5k and I am pretty impressed. The drop has been spot on with all three guns I have tried. Have gotten ranges passed 3000 on rocks
Do you know the differences between the 5k and 8k?

Flyjunky

WKR
Ranges further, can make a custom reticle, but most importantly it gives you dope further then 800 yards. The 5k maxes out at 800. I believe the 8k will do ballistics much further (5500 maybe)
I believe the 8k also uses the full AB software as well

buzzy

WKR
I had a warranty issue on my 2400ABS and Sig sent me their 8KABS. I can’t compare it to the B4 but I’m really impressed with the new unit. Has a few more features that I like and the linking to basemap is huge. Hopefully someone will do a head to head comparison here but at this point I don’t know why someone would chose a B4 over the 8K. Would love to hear those reasons as well.

Husky10

Lil-Rokslider
I had a warranty issue on my 2400ABS and Sig sent me their 8KABS. I can’t compare it to the B4 but I’m really impressed with the new unit. Has a few more features that I like and the linking to basemap is huge. Hopefully someone will do a head to head comparison here but at this point I don’t know why someone would chose a B4 over the 8K. Would love to hear those reasons as well.

I chose the BR4 purely bc of QC issues with sig… I’ve had several replacement units from sig. I loved the sig but the fact that I went through 2 and was on my 3rd, I went with the BR4. I’ve heard of several ppl having issues with the 2400s as well and that is really the only thing that swayed me. I’ve just been playing around with my BR4 around the house—no field experience yet, but no complaints so far. Hard decision to make imo.

OP
Theringworm
What was your warranty issue on your 2400 ABS? Have been using the same unit for years and haven’t had a an issue yet. Still wanting to upgrade but not sure to which.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
What was your warranty issue on your 2400 ABS? Have been using the same unit for years and haven’t had a an issue yet. Still wanting to upgrade but not sure to which.
I'm the same as you, I've had my 2400 ABS since they came out never a problem with it. I sold my BR2 back then only because of size. I have the new 8K and I love it so far, drops are right on, wind is easy to change with handheld top button, psychical size is just slightly longer then the 2400 but it fits in the same pocket on my bino case, I've always had great drops with applied ballistics custom curves if everything is impute right and the Basemap App. is a game changer in certain situations. I haven't used the BR4 but I'm sure you can't go wrong with either.

OP
Theringworm
I agree. I sold the BR2 as well for that same reason….size. Unfortunately, though the new BR4 is smaller than the BR2, it is still quite a bit larger than the Sig. I doubt, though am not certain, it will fit in my AGC bino harness pocket for the rangefinder. If they aren't drastically different enough based on software capabilities, then size once again becomes a major factor. Let me be clear. I have not held either in person so I am strictly going off of stated dimension specifications form their respective websites.

Still shocked there isn’t a YouTube video doing a head to head of these two devices yet.

Last edited:

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. I sold the BR2 as well for that same reason….size. Unfortunately, though the new BR4 is smaller than the BR2, it is still quite a bit larger than the Sig. I doubt, though am not certain, it will fit in my AGC bino harness pocket for the rangefinder. If they aren't drastically different enough based on software capabilities, then size once again becomes a major factor. Let me be clear. I have not held either in person so I am strictly going off of stated dimension specifications form their respective websites.

Still shocked there isn’t a YouTube video doing a head to head of these two devices yet.
You can't tell the difference in size between the 2400 and the 8K unless you lay them side by side on top of each other, about a half inch longer, the 8K is way faster then the 2400 and a lot easier to program. I haven't had it out doing ELR yet but ranging where I shoot out to 1200 yards works great and the 2400 would have issues on some of the spots at 1200.

Attachments

• IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0841.JPG
    IMG_0841.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0842.JPG
    IMG_0842.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 31
OP
Theringworm
Midway is giving you a $150 gift card if you purchase a new BR4. Guessing they aren’t blowing offf the shelves hence the incentive. That being said……if we had a comparison video I might have $150 to spend at Midway right now. :ROFLMAO: Real world problems and no one to solve them ……ugh!

Last edited:
I had the original Gunwerks bR2 and upgraded to the new br4 revic. I honestly am only getting an additional 300-400 yards from the revic. Max range I got the other day was 1700 something, on a rock pile. Not over joyed with this. I looked at the sig but opted with what I am used to. Not sure if I am happy or not.

Dr. Rx

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone teach me for sig or revic, what is the ballistic calculator they use?

repins05

WKR
Following ..... Any updates on comparison?

Also any feedback with the WeatherFlow bluetooth wind meter that the Kilo8k comes with ? How quickly is the wind meter inputing to the Kilo8k?