Sig Kilo8K ABS and Gunwerks BR4 RF Field Review

Just thought I would post an update. I called Gunwerks and of course they were awesome. They had me a new one shipped out that day before I even sent the old one back. That was Monday. Got the new one today and what a difference. No adjustment needed and it was very clear and I could use it to glass if need be. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they think the problem was with the other. My guess is something with the lenses wasn’t aligned properly. It almost looked like when your glassing at an angle through the front windshield of your truck except worse. Either way very happy with the customer service and the new unit.

I’ve been running the 8K since Feb this year. Can’t speak to the cold temp problems other users have had as I’ve only had the RF down to 20F. It’s solutions and intuitive operation have been pretty great so far. I’ve learned a lot about wind thanks to the included wind meter. For anyone else running the 8K do you know if it helps or hurts to change the zero on your gun between different elevations? I’m talking like a typical 2000’ zero to a 9000’ zero. I’ve been super impressed so far with its ranging solutions/results below 7000’ but was curious if you get above 9000’ if you aught to think about changing your zero. Thoughts?

Does anyone know weather the sig 8k factors angle into the shooting solution? From my understanding, the old 2400 abs did not, unless you were in AMR mode and running a sig turret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know weather the sig 8k factors angle into the shooting solution? From my understanding, the old 2400 abs did not, unless you were in AMR mode and running a sig turret.

Mine does. It displays the angle value in the upper left hand corner of the screen when I range a target.

I’ve been running the 8K since Feb this year. Can’t speak to the cold temp problems other users have had as I’ve only had the RF down to 20F. It’s solutions and intuitive operation have been pretty great so far. I’ve learned a lot about wind thanks to the included wind meter. For anyone else running the 8K do you know if it helps or hurts to change the zero on your gun between different elevations? I’m talking like a typical 2000’ zero to a 9000’ zero. I’ve been super impressed so far with its ranging solutions/results below 7000’ but was curious if you get above 9000’ if you aught to think about changing your zero. Thoughts?

I personally don’t think it matters. I zero my rifle at 100 yds @ 1200’ ft and go west without worrying about it. Everything I’ve shot at longer distances at higher elevations (8000’+) has hit where it was supposed to. Haven’t used the 8k yet, but in the 2400 abs there is a zero distance input and the rangefinder measures density altitude, which from what I understand, factors in the effect of altitude on the bullet flight into the shooting formula. I would imagine the 8k has that feature built in as well. I wouldn’t stress it. 100 yds is not far enough to have any major environmental effects on your bullet flight when zeroing your rifle, so your zero at 2000’ should be your zero at 9000’.

Last edited:
Can anyone share where the BR4 is manufactured?
With Covid, the first 500 or so had to be assembled in China. Sorry. The regular production units are assembled in the Philippines. If you remember, the G7 line was USA made, but nobody liked the $1800 price tag that a USA unit will command, and they started buying sigs....

I personally don’t think it matters. I zero my rifle at 100 yds @ 1200’ ft and go west without worrying about it. Everything I’ve shot at longer distances at higher elevations (8000’+) has hit where it was supposed to. Haven’t used the 8k yet, but in the 2400 abs there is a zero distance input and the rangefinder measures density altitude, which from what I understand, factors in the effect of altitude on the bullet flight into the shooting formula. I would imagine the 8k has that feature built in as well. I wouldn’t stress it. 100 yds is not far enough to have any major environmental effects on your bullet flight when zeroing your rifle, so your zero at 2000’ should be your zero at 9000’.

You don't have these issues with the BR4 if you use "Zero Angle" instead of Zero Range. Its phd level, so may require a little learning curve, but its perfect for dealing with zeroing conditions.