Silencer Central

Robobiss

FNG
Silencer SHOP is a great outfit but they have a different system than Silencer Central.

Silencershop has you select your local dealer, you buy the can online, they Form 3 the can to your local FFL, and it stays in jail at your local FFL until approval. Aside from system issues that have happened a couple times, I have nothing but positive things to say about silencershop, and I have hardly seen anything negative online in regards as well.

Silencer central on the other hand as far as I can tell have you buy the can through them, they don’t form 3 it to another dealer, and it stays in jail with them until form 4 approval, then they mail it to you, from what I understand. What OP and other have described here seems to be par for the course. I’ve seen a lot of complaints online that silencer central basically sucks.

My comment doesn’t offer much but a little bit of clarity, the names of the two companies are easy to mixup and interchange. SilencerSHOP is a great outfit from what I have seen, buy a can through them and don’t give a dime to silencer CENTRAL.

I had the same thing happen, for a while. Lost sleep over it, came up with a solution.

You probably already know, you cannot get enough torque on the cap removal tool, using the L-key that came with it, without the lobes disengaging.

Here’s what I did.
Soaked the suppressor in solvent, for a couple days.
Used T45 socket with an impact driver on the removal tool, a strap wrench to help keep the suppressor from spinning.

You’re really going to need to lean into it, to keep the lobes engaged. A small rubber mat underneath the suppressor helps protect the other end.

The cap removal tool is made of aluminum and softer than the suppressor end cap, so there’s no need to worry about damaging anything but the tool, which is cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_7558.jpeg
    IMG_7558.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 15

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had the same thing happen, for a while. Lost sleep over it, came up with a solution.

You probably already know, you cannot get enough torque on the cap removal tool, using the L-key that came with it, without the lobes disengaging.

Here’s what I did.
Soaked the suppressor in solvent, for a couple days.
Used T45 socket with an impact driver on the removal tool, a strap wrench to help keep the suppressor from spinning.

You’re really going to need to lean into it, to keep the lobes engaged. A small rubber mat underneath the suppressor helps protect the other end.

The cap removal tool is made of aluminum and softer than the suppressor end cap, so there’s no need to worry about damaging anything but the tool, which is cheap.
Interesting, Ill try that when I get back to town. In fact, the thing is soaking in solvent as we speak.

tdhanses

WKR
I just won a certificate at an RMEF banquet, guess I’ll find out for myself if they are bad to work with, going to go with the backcountry 30. I like they create the Trust for free. Truthfully I’m in zero rush so not too worried on how long it takes.

Ralphie

WKR
Silencer SHOP is a great outfit but they have a different system than Silencer Central.

Silencershop has you select your local dealer, you buy the can online, they Form 3 the can to your local FFL, and it stays in jail at your local FFL until approval. Aside from system issues that have happened a couple times, I have nothing but positive things to say about silencershop, and I have hardly seen anything negative online in regards as well.

Silencer central on the other hand as far as I can tell have you buy the can through them, they don’t form 3 it to another dealer, and it stays in jail with them until form 4 approval, then they mail it to you, from what I understand. What OP and other have described here seems to be par for the course. I’ve seen a lot of complaints online that silencer central basically sucks.

My comment doesn’t offer much but a little bit of clarity, the names of the two companies are easy to mixup and interchange. SilencerSHOP is a great outfit from what I have seen, buy a can through them and don’t give a dime to silencer CENTRAL.
I hear all kinds of advertising for silencer central on podcasts. I don't know if I've ever heard even one from silencer shop. I went with SS based on forum reviews and they had a suppressor that I wanted. It was pretty painless (other than the atf part) and was pretty much as described in the above post.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had so much drama between my local shop and silencer shop just trying to get certified. They've had my scythe on hand since February 9th still waiting to wait. Now the efile website has been down and who knows if it when it'll be back up and running.

I know I'll never give silencer shop another dime of my money.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

WKR
Silencer shop and silencer central both create extra wait time in exchange for convenience. SS makes you wait more on the front, SC makes you wait on the back end.

SC gets more interweb complaints because people are sick of waiting by that point and it's extra frustrating to wait after you are approved.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Silencer shop and silencer central both create extra wait time in exchange for convenience. SS makes you wait more on the front, SC makes you wait on the back end.

SC gets more interweb complaints because people are sick of waiting by that point and it's extra frustrating to wait after you are approved.
Capitol Armory can send a silencer to your house too but it seems like they have the back end wait as well if you choose to go that route.

My real complaint about silencer central is that they seem to basically ghost people once they have their money. I don't really care that the push the Banish stuff, I'm an adult, I can say no and tell them what I want. I just hate getting ignored once they have my money.

I also think it's total BS that once the paperwork is done, you have to sign up for a slot to file with the ATF, sometimes up to 2 weeks later (adding an additional amount of days). It literally takes 5 minutes if you already have an ATF pin#, you should be able to call and just do it.

Also, Silencer centrals lack of communication sucks, I waited for paperwork for like 10 days before I called....the reason I hadn't gotten my paper work was that my photo was expired....Thanks for the call/text/email.....

My first few purchases through SC were painless but my last one has been pretty annoying. NExt time its capitol armory all the way.