Silencerco Scythe TI review

wesfromky

WKR
Any experience with the OCL hydrogen s? Between that and the scythe right now, and need to get the process going
I have a hydrogen L in jail (208 days). Seems like a solid can for the money based off of reviews and reddit threads. Test results are good from pew science and the silencer summit thing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That weight is without the direct thread adapter. Gen 1 U7 was listed at 9.7 ounces for comparison which doesn't include the CB adapter.
My Gen2 ultra 7 was right at listed weight of 9.8 with the direct thread setup so I guess its 1.5oz heavier than the scythe I have on the way. I ended up ordering that titanium front cap, I figure if I dont like it I can probably flip the front cap here or on snipers hide.

Vaultman

WKR
I swear I read that this was not "user servicable", which I suspect means you cannot take it appart to clean the inside. I am new to supressors, 1st one just started it's jail sentance, so take it easy, I am learning.
Can this be taken appart and cleaned? Wouldn't this be an issue for something that gets dirty?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I swear I read that this was not "user servicable", which I suspect means you cannot take it appart to clean the inside. I am new to supressors, 1st one just started it's jail sentance, so take it easy, I am learning.
Can this be taken appart and cleaned? Wouldn't this be an issue for something that gets dirty?
Cannot be. Also “most” argue it isn’t needed on centerfire.

TxLite

WKR
Silencerco believes (at least used to) that centerfire cans don’t need to be cleaned. They told me that the high pressures and temps of centerfire cartridges should clean them out.

The nice thing about ti cans is you can just fill them with CLR to clean. You don’t need to fully disassemble. On the scythe the hub threads on one end and front cap on the other make it easy to get inside the ends if one wants access there. “User serviceable” on ti cans seems like nothing more than a SC marketing gimmick to me.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The nice thing about ti cans is you can just fill them with CLR to clean. You don’t need to fully disassemble. On the scythe the hub threads on one end and front cap on the other make it easier to get inside the ends if one wants access there. “User serviceable” on ti cans seems like nothing more than a SC marketing gimmick to me.
Especially since if you don’t constantly clean your SC can it quickly becomes non user serviceable. It really is just a cost cutting measure for them, much easier, faster and cheaper for them to have 2 threaded end caps and a loose stack of baffles than to properly weld everything up.

Which actually raises a question for me maybe somebody can answer. Will the end cap on the scythe end up carbon locked on if you don’t clean it every 20-40 rounds like a banish 30 will?

I ordered the titanium end cap for the scythe, I’ll likely just be using it like that.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What do you think of the rugged? I think it sucks for the price
Spent that rugged Alaskan pretty much fall short in every category other than weight? I’d imagine is must be a lot better than not having a silencer but aren’t they pretty loud? A large bore diameter and only 4 baffles or something.

Ten Bears

WKR
Got my approval yesterday (59 days) and picked up my Scythe this morning.

Had some Hammers waiting in my mailbox when I got home…

Solid Saturday.

Sent my APR Maverick down to Alamo for a rebarrel to a 7 Saum and had it put in a XLR 4.0MG.

Can’t wait to get this project shooting.

Gleaned a lot of info from all the posts about this can and other rifle builds to put this together. Appreciate this site a ton.

9DC79452-2FFE-4D46-AB9D-893E38B07D42.jpeg