Silencerco Scythe TI review

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m planning my work and working my plan
I got my Raptor 8 in, and now I want another. I'm debating between a Scythe and a Raptor 10, I'm leaning towards the Raptor 10 for more suppression and just calling the 8 my hunting can, but.... the Scythe is the cool one to have right now and I need all the help I can get in that department.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I got my Raptor 8 in, and now I want another. I'm debating between a Scythe and a Raptor 10, I'm leaning towards the Raptor 10 for more suppression and just calling the 8 my hunting can, but.... the Scythe is the cool one to have right now and I need all the help I can get in that department.

Really all you need is this little four pack:)

0d70efdd9b78d140384f3f5c056a41c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Really all you need is this little four pack:)

0d70efdd9b78d140384f3f5c056a41c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So, get the Raptor 10 or Scythe, which ever is available. How is the larger bore Raptor 10 on a small bore? I.e. should I get a 30 cal, 338 cal, or 375 cal?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
So, get the Raptor 10 or Scythe, which ever is available. How is the larger bore Raptor 10 on a small bore? I.e. should I get a 30 cal, 338 cal, or 375 cal?
The ABs are freaking stout! I put the 10stack on a 33XC with a 24" barrel with no issues. It also sounds great on my 6UM. The Scythe is a cool little can if you are looking for light and reasonably quiet, but I'm still unsure about large round counts with the Scythe. I would get the 30 cal 10 stack if you want the best sound. If you want the quietest, get the DD LTI.

Bluefish

WKR
AB has a video on how the 375 works on smaller bores. It’s not bad. I have a 375 and like it, but I have only used it on 35 cal rifles. I am considering adding a 30 cal 8 stack To my collection for my smaller bore rifles.

It looks like SiCo started producing titanium flat front caps. I just ordered one for my Jail bird scythe. It looks to be a little bigger than the Hansohn bros cap and wont truly be flush. My Scythe is still in jail, coming up on 60 days now. I'll weight the cap when I get it and let ya'll know.

It looks like SiCo started producing titanium flat front caps. I just ordered one for my Jail bird scythe. It looks to be a little bigger than the Hansohn bros cap and wont truly be flush. My Scythe is still in jail, coming up on 60 days now. I'll weight the cap when I get it and let ya'll know.

Pretty good cost premium over the hansohn one too.

Pretty good cost premium over the hansohn one too.
Yep, I was already purchasing a direct thread mount from SiCo and Hansohn is out of the .308 caps right now so I figured I'd be the guinea pig. I also do like that the finish will match. I am picky that way. I just wish someone would make a ti 6.5mm cap. This can will be pretty much dedicated to a 6.5 prc so my OCD would prefer a matching aperture.

SloppyJ

WKR
Nice! What kind of rifle is that? Weight without the can?
I put it together with an origin action, proof barrel, McMillan Game Warden LR, um bottom metal and mag, Trigger Tech Special, and an Atlas cal. It's right over 8lbs loaded with the bipod. Picking up my 4x32 nx8 for it next week and she's done.

GS-907

FNG
I put it together with an origin action, proof barrel, McMillan Game Warden LR, um bottom metal and mag, Trigger Tech Special, and an Atlas cal. It's right over 8lbs loaded with the bipod. Picking up my 4x32 nx8 for it next week and she's done.
Sounds awesome!!

A-A-Ron

FNG
This thread has been super helpful in narrowing my choices. A little backstory....I wasn't really thinking about buying a suppressor until I recently acquired a Bergara B-14 Wilderness Ridge in 6.5prc with a factory 24in barrel and a threaded brake(5/8 x 24).
I've developed some hearing loss over the years, partially due to shots fired while hunting, so now I am researching suppressors for this rifle.
My question is for this rifle, is there any reason that the Scythe Ti wouldn't be optimal? I'm willing to accept the added length as I'm not excited to cut down the barrel. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I'm just starting down this rabbit hole. TIA.

Tahoe1305

WKR
This thread has been super helpful in narrowing my choices. A little backstory....I wasn't really thinking about buying a suppressor until I recently acquired a Bergara B-14 Wilderness Ridge in 6.5prc with a factory 24in barrel and a threaded brake(5/8 x 24).
I've developed some hearing loss over the years, partially due to shots fired while hunting, so now I am researching suppressors for this rifle.
My question is for this rifle, is there any reason that the Scythe Ti wouldn't be optimal? I'm willing to accept the added length as I'm not excited to cut down the barrel. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I'm just starting down this rabbit hole. TIA.
I pick mine up today and plan to test compared to a nomad LT (9” can) and a DD STI (7” can). If it’s anywhere close to the STi (which some here say it is ) then it’s the perfect can for you. The length savings (and weight at end of barrel) will be welcome on a 24”. I’ll be testing on a 6.5C but my bullets are humming along closer to 2900fps so halfway to PRC speeds and also 24”. Yours will have a bit more muzzle blast because your shooting 10g more powder though.

You'll be hard pressed to beat it for your application but it is still going to be unwieldly on a 24" barrel for most hunting applications.

I just thought I'd throw this sexy pic up here. Pretty much a perfect match.
18" 6.5 CM Barrett Fieldcraft with its stock just back from Boswell Custom Rifles with a new paint job and also a fresh Cerakote.
7.5 lbs all in with the Scythe-Ti, NF NXS, Area 419 Pic rail, Hawkins Rings and Murphy Ti rail.

IMG_2377.jpgIMG_2378.jpeg

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just thought I'd throw this sexy pic up here. Pretty much a perfect match.
18" 6.5 CM Barrett Fieldcraft with its stock just back from Boswell Custom Rifles with a new paint job and also a fresh Cerakote.
7.5 lbs all in with the Scythe-Ti, NF NXS, Area 419 Pic rail, Hawkins Rings and Murphy Ti rail.

View attachment 694043
That’s dope as hell.

SloppyJ

WKR
You'll be hard pressed to beat it for your application but it is still going to be unwieldly on a 24" barrel for most hunting applications.
Agreed.

I bought the scythe because I felt like my AB 10 stack was too long On my 22" 280ai. Any sort of trek through thick brush and it was catching on all kinds of stuff and the scythe is not even that much shorter. The weight savings will be nice too but it's the same deal, it's not that much lighter.

At this point I hunt suppressed 100% of the time and for the thick woods at home, I don't care to have a barrel any longer than 20". Building a 6mm with an 18" barrel now. Unless you absolutely have to have the velocity, I'd be willing to bet that you cut that barrel down at some point.

As you get experience with using suppressors and toting them around, your priorities change to put more stock in length and weight. With all of that said, if you plan to hunt with one, you'd be hard pressed to find a better candidate. I'd say you'd be starting out with the best can for your application.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Someone needs to tell DD that STI stands for Sexually Transmitted Infection. That is all I can think of when I see the name, I have an easier time accepting my ribbed for ear pleasure Raptor 8 then the image in my head of puss dripping from the end of a suppressor.