Silencerco Scythe TI review

Titan

WKR
Same here. Started the process on a Nomad Ti a month ago and then after seeing this went ahead and ordered a scythe from The Gun Dock for $800. We will see which one stays on the hunting rifle.

FYG

FNG
I see Ryan mentioned comparing it to the Dominus soon- has anyone else had a chance yet? I see comparisons to the Ultra 5 and Ultra 7. I've got a Dominus and love it, don't have the Scythe to compare it to, though.

FYG

FNG
The Scythe will beat up on the Dominus in almost every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Glad to hear that- impressive considering the relative quality of the Dominus. Do you see any debris or dust clouds with the single port anchor brake on the Scythe? Perhaps that was answered and I missed it.

Yeah. The beauty of tape is you don’t have to take take it on/off whenever you might shoot. Those types of solutions don’t really interest me.

As far as mirage covers go, maybe they don’t weigh enough to make a difference in POI but I’d rather just keep everything the same all the time at the range or hunting. Leave that sucker on all the time. I use AG cover too and am going to try some others to see if they stay put better. I can get it to not slide forward but not in a way that keeps it from sliding easily with contact.

I bet the ti end caps become more in demand again with the scythe on the market. Hopefully they become available.
Yeah I normally take my mirage cover off to hunt. I weighed my Armageddon gear cover and it was more than I thought. 2oz or so IIRC.

I haven’t seen much zero shift with it off but you are right, any amount of weight change to the barrel could affect zero and or load development/accuracy.

Regardless, can’t wait for this thing to replace my Omega! ~7oz off the end of the gun is significant.

Wow this can seems better than I expected if it beats out a dominus.

I have a permanent mounted brake on my tikka due to barrel diameter so I’m stuck to the Griffin taper, looks like the blast baffle is too close for a straight griffin hub adapter with my 2 port brake

Fowl Play

WKR
The Scythe will beat up on the Dominus in almost every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This review thread has been expensive for me... have two arriving at my FFL soon. My FFL also has a range on site and says I'm able to sign a waiver and shoot with it there, even while it is in jail (as long as I don't leave with it). So hopefully will get some time with it soon.

Tahoe1305

WKR
On my kitchen scale the
DT mount is about 1oz and the brake is 1.125oz
Ti 30 cal endcap is .6oz for reference. Hopefully someone will make some soon. I’m guessing that DT is Ti already. My original omega is 2.2oz.

So best case you can get the Scythe down to 7.7oz or so with flat Ti cap.

OP
C
I have a couple of their bravo standard endcaps coming, but i doubt they're titanium. Just curious about the difference in recoil and noise, if any, without the brake. I bet SiCo or someone will come out with a TI one, I know I'd buy* a couple

Last edited:

FYG

FNG
I have a couple of their bravo standard endcaps coming, but i doubt they're titanium. Just curious about the difference in recoil and noise, if any, without the brake. I bet SiCo or someone will come out with a TI one, I know I'd buy* a couple
What would be your reasoning for swapping the brake end cap for the standard? Did you notice an increase in volume for either shooter or observer with the ported end cap versus the compared cans with a standard style end cap? Or is it purely a weight thing?

OP
C
What would be your reasoning for swapping the brake end cap for the standard? Did you notice an increase in volume for either shooter or observer with the ported end cap versus the compared cans with a standard style end cap? Or is it purely a weight thing?
Someone needs to make one out of titanium for sure, i wish it came with one. These ones i just got are actually heavier than the TI brake endcap it came with. I just want to see what difference if any i can feel/hear without the brake. Using a standard cap would shorten the length and if made from titanium, would cut down on weight slightly. Also, its a radial brake basically, I havent shot it prone in a dusty environment but that might be an issue on some hunts for folks

FYG

FNG
Also, its a radial brake basically, I havent shot it prone in a dusty environment but that might be an issue on some hunts for folks
That's been my only concern with it- Thanks for the info! Certainly seems like a great option, and planning to get my hands on one to check it out in person then get it ordered.

BjornF16

WKR
My only reason would be for ease of taping to keep weather and debris out

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
My only reason would be for ease of taping to keep weather and debris out
My exact thoughts as well.

Side note, I was perusing the 'user manual' for the Scythe on their website the other day and noticed a little orange box indicating that (if worried at all about being eligible for warranty coverage) one should be planning to only use SilencerCo made end caps. There are lots of other 'Bravo' threaded discs with a hole cut in the middle made by other high quality companies though.

I didn't notice that type of disclaimer in regards to mounts/devices, assuming because that type of language may dissuade people more from buying given the sunk cost people may already have in a fleet of muzzle devices/adapters. Pure speculation though, looks like a sweet can.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I know it was mentioned earlier that the Scythe sounds similar to/possibly a little less desirable than the Raptor 8, but wondering if anyone has shot it (the Scythe) side-by-side with the DD S-Ti, and can weigh in on the sound between those two. Want another 30 cal can for my hunting rifles, but interested to know if the Scythe is more efficient than the DD, especially for an additional $250.
Thanks!

Finally got my hands on a scythe and was able to shoot it next to its ugly little brother ( harvester evo) . On my 22” 6.5 prc the scythe had a noticeably deeper tone and was slightly quieter to the shooter and bystanders . You can’t go wrong buying this thing .
IMG_3366.jpeg