Silencerco Scythe TI review

I know it was mentioned earlier that the Scythe sounds similar to/possibly a little less desirable than the Raptor 8, but wondering if anyone has shot it (the Scythe) side-by-side with the DD S-Ti, and can weigh in on the sound between those two. Want another 30 cal can for my hunting rifles, but interested to know if the Scythe is more efficient than the DD, especially for an additional $250.
Thanks!
The scythe was quieter to me and my friends ears * than the ST-I

Last edited:
I know it was mentioned earlier that the Scythe sounds similar to/possibly a little less desirable than the Raptor 8, but wondering if anyone has shot it (the Scythe) side-by-side with the DD S-Ti, and can weigh in on the sound between those two. Want another 30 cal can for my hunting rifles, but interested to know if the Scythe is more efficient than the DD, especially for an additional $250.
Thanks!
How long is your barrel? DDC S-Ti has barrel restrictions where the Scythe does not.

How long is your barrel? DDC S-Ti has barrel restrictions where the Scythe does not.
Oh now that’s a whole other discussion 😆…but an Excellent point; currently 26 which is too long in itself and I’m planning on chopping it soon. Especially after carrying that around with a Raptor 8 this fall. Felt like carrying a telephone pole. I’m thinking I’ll cut my 300 Win down to, 20, maybe 18. I have a .270 in 18” and love the balance. I know there’s other threads on here about cutting down magnum rifles but for this group what are the majority of you cutting your magnums at (assuming you’re putting a can on the end?)
…or perhaps a better way of phrasing, anyone cutting their magnums under 20”?

My 7PRC is 20” and where the Scythe will most likely end up living. If I had a Time Machine, would have gone 18” though. Plenty of down range power far beyond what I should be shooting. No need to carry the extra length, which is why I pointed out the barrel restrictions on the Enticer.

Oh now that’s a whole other discussion 😆…but an Excellent point; currently 26 which is too long in itself and I’m planning on chopping it soon. Especially after carrying that around with a Raptor 8 this fall. Felt like carrying a telephone pole. I’m thinking I’ll cut my 300 Win down to, 20, maybe 18. I have a .270 in 18” and love the balance. I know there’s other threads on here about cutting down magnum rifles but for this group what are the majority of you cutting your magnums at (assuming you’re putting a can on the end?)
…or perhaps a better way of phrasing, anyone cutting their magnums under 20”?
My 300 prc is 20", i wish i went 18" though

My 7PRC is 20” and where the Scythe will most likely end up living. If I had a Time Machine, would have gone 18” though. Plenty of down range power far beyond what I should be shooting. No need to carry the extra length, which is why I pointed out the barrel restrictions on the Enticer.
What do you find more desirable in the scythe compared to the raptor 8 as an option? Specifically asking as it sounds like from your previous post you were/are running the 8. I ask because it seems to be coming down to either of those 2 choices for my first. 30.06 and 7-08.

Last edited:
What do you find more desirable in the scythe compared to the raptor 8 as an option? Specifically asking as it sounds like from your previous post you were/are running the 8. I ask because it seems to be coming down to either of those 2 choices for my first. 30.06 and 7-08.
No experience with the Raptor. Have a Harvester EVO (great can, but barrel length restrictions) and a TBAC Ultra 5.

Basically, I want a suppressor that maximizes sound reduction with minimal weight and length added (don’t we all?). I bought the TBAC Ultra 5 and, while it takes the edge off, it’s not really that great of a can. Enter the Scythe-Ti, it weighs about the same as the Ultra 5, adds only 3/4” if you remove the anchor brake, has no barrel restrictions and, from the accounts here, is a full on big boy suppressor when it comes to recoil and sound reduction. It’s a bit of a Goldilocks for folks, like me, who want a short and lightweight rifle that is suppressed.

If you add that to a cartridge like the 7PRC, which provides high BC bullets and great down range ballistics from a short barrel, it’s a great combo. Having seen the velocity I get from a 20” barrel (~2750 fps), losing a little more with an 18” barrel would still have me hitting 1800 fps way beyond what I can shoot (but still gives me minimal wind drift and drop within ranges I can shoot). I imagine at some point I’ll put an 18” barrel on mine just to enjoy having something more compact (and thanks to pre-fit barrels, this is easy to do). It’s nice to know the Scythe can still work in that situation.

If you add that to a cartridge like the 7PRC, which provides high BC bullets and great down range ballistics from a short barrel, it’s a great combo. Having seen the velocity I get from a 20” barrel (~2750 fps), losing a little more with an 18” barrel would still have me hitting 1800 fps way beyond what I can shoot (but still gives me minimal wind drift and drop within ranges I can shoot). I imagine at some point I’ll put an 18” barrel on mine just to enjoy having something more compact (and thanks to pre-fit barrels, this is easy to do). It’s nice to know the Scythe can still work in that situation.
This is exactly where my Scythe is going when the form 4 clears. Replacing my hybrid 46 on my 18” 7prc. Can’t wait to cut a full pound and several inches off the end of the rifle while achieving the same or better suppression

That happens a lot here.

223 thread...
Trijicon Tenmile Black Friday sale thread..
Yeah … Black Friday was rough on my wallet, but gentle on my eyes and ears.

Without Rokslide though, would still be utilizing a Leupold and no suppressor. Now I’m rocking a Tenmile and a Scythe. Only reason I haven’t bought a 223 Tikka shooting 77 TMK is I need some sort of challenge to the hunt. If I had that 223 Tikka-Tenmile-Scythe trifecta, BOALs would probably run at me begging for their death, knowing they stood no chance.

Back