Silencerco Scythe TI review

Tahoe1305

WKR
It hasnt been brought up yet, so I think its worthwhile reminding guys that Silencerco does offer a blue label discount for mil/vet/le cats.
Maybe I missed it but when I looked it wasn’t on the list yet. That was last month though. Can’t recall what the blue label deal was but just using random sales at most shops can be had for 30% off MSRP without too much waiting.

TheCougar

WKR
Maybe I missed it but when I looked it wasn’t on the list yet. That was last month though. Can’t recall what the blue label deal was but just using random sales at most shops can be had for 30% off MSRP without too much waiting.
Ahhhh. No idea. I wish I had known that.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Where's the best place to purchase from? Any discounts on this?
I got one from Gunzonedeals.com for less than $800 a week ago. Not sure if they are still that cheap. Never purchased from them, but they sound legit according to guys on here.

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
Well joined the club yesterday. Nice thing about silencers is once you buy… you’re not done. It’s like an endless wonderful road down barrel length, threading, adapters, covers, new reloads, balance points… it never ends and it’s marvelous!

cliffy109

FNG
At least the scythe isnt a dud lol. I feel bad for anyone that bought a rugged alaskan 360TI..

I've seen similar comments before but I don't get them. What's wrong with the Alaskan? I own a Rugged Micro 30 and I'm not a big fan of theirs but what specifically is wrong with that model?

Well my sacrifice in being an early adopter of the Alaskan 360 Ti has paid off..

Scythe-Ti : Certified on 10/11/23, Approved on 12/8/23! 🥳

The Alaskan 360, in its steel version is fine for what it is. Not the quietest with its 4 baffles, but versatile and competitively priced. The 360 Ti falls way short in its cost vs performance.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Well my sacrifice in being an early adopter of the Alaskan 360 Ti has paid off..

Scythe-Ti : Certified on 10/11/23, Approved on 12/8/23! 🥳

The Alaskan 360, in its steel version is fine for what it is. Not the quietest with its 4 baffles, but versatile and competitively priced. The 360 Ti falls way short in its cost vs performance.
That is INSANE. Awesome news!

SloppyJ

WKR
Sub'd for some comparisons against the AB. I own a 10 stack (3"reflex) and was thinking about grabbing an 8 (2" reflex) too but the stats on this Scythe look great.

OP
C
I've seen similar comments before but I don't get them. What's wrong with the Alaskan? I own a Rugged Micro 30 and I'm not a big fan of theirs but what specifically is wrong with that model?
It only has 4 baffles and is small diameter, so its very loud. Not hearing safe what so ever and overpriced to boot

OP
C
Sub'd for some comparisons against the AB. I own a 10 stack (3"reflex) and was thinking about grabbing an 8 (2" reflex) too but the stats on this Scythe look great.
If you have a 10 stack already, I would go for the scythe for sure if it was me

SloppyJ

WKR
If you have a 10 stack already, I would go for the scythe for sure if it was me
I want a different reflex length and at one time you could buy them from AB but the AFT has since stopped that. My 10 stack is an absolute beast and I don't know what more I could ask for.

What I really want is an Enticer L Ti but I don't want another 8"+ donkey dong hanging off the end of my barrel. That's where the scythe comes in. 3oz lighter and 2" shorter with them roundths.

It's very tempting. If it suppresses well then it's a no brainer. It compares very well to the Raptor 8 and I already know what I'm getting with the AB.

Last edited:

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I want a different reflex length and at one time you could buy them from AB but the AFT has since stopped that. My 10 stack is an absolute beast and I don't know what more I could ask for.

What I really want is an Enticer L Ti but I don't want another 8"+ donkey dong hanging off the end of my barrel. That's where the scythe comes in. 3oz lighter and 2" shorter with them roundths.

It's very tempting. If it suppresses well then it's a no brainer. It compares very well to the Raptor 8 and I already know what I'm getting with the AB.
If AB was smart, they would set up a system where they allow us to send in and swap out our reflexes. I know they’ll let you do it if it’s unfired but if they would allow people to send in, say a 3” standard and get someone else’s used 4” bull, and then charge like $50 to manage the inventory and arrange the swap, everyone could walk away happy. Technically you’re still following the ATF rules of one reflex for one suppressor but you’re also not married to the singular reflex for life