Silex v rincon v locomotive

In the market for new shelter. And looking for insights.

We can keep made in USA vs not irrelevant for the topic.

Hot tent, 2 people, though generally just myself or myself and 1-2 kids. If I'm bringing my kid(s) more than likely it's not during seasons thst would necessitate the stove, though that'd be a plus.

I'm between the rincon, silex and amazon/pomoly locomotive. So, any experience, suggestions, etc are welcome!

download (7).jpegdownload (6).jpegdownload (5).jpeg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rincon with 2 and a stove? Not unless you put gear outside. Guardian would be a better SO choice for 2 with a stove. No experience with the pomoly rebranded shelter. SJK Outpost 4 doesn't come with a stove jack but those are easily added.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
T
Rincon with 2 and a stove? Not unless you put gear outside. Guardian would be a better SO choice for 2 with a stove. No experience with the pomoly rebranded shelter. SJK Outpost 4 doesn't come with a stove jack but those are easily added.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I probably didn't elaborate well enough.

If I need the stove, one of/the kids probably won't be with me. Though it would be nice to have a choice.

I've stumbled across the SJKs via googling but haven't looked much more than that I guess. I'll check em out.

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I used the Silex for a couple seasons. It was a great shelter other than being a little finicky when trying to set up in the dark or high winds. It’s definitely not a two person shelter …unless you’re in a pinch. I’ve also used a SO Cimarron for several seasons, along with their Silvertip. I have an Argali Rincon and Absaroka I’ll be trying out this year. I got to use the rincon on an early season hunt last year. Two people with gear plus a stove would most likely require an Absaroka, Cimarron, or similar sized shelter. If you have any questions feel free to message me.