Silicone grease - rubber rand on boots

gmajor

WKR
Question about the rubber on your boots - especially the rands. Do you guys treat yours with anything? I try to take care of my boots, and the leather certainly thanks me for it (I use granger's paste wax if I recall correctly). However, the rubber rand seems prone to drying out, getting micro-fissures that eventually get larger, etc.

I've tried using olive oil, but it doesn't really seem to do all that much. I recently picked up some silicone grease (http://www.amazon.com/Trident-Silicone-Grease-Jar/dp/B00V2G2BWQ) which is used on lots of rubber products (o-rings, weather stripping, etc) and have thought about giving it a try, taking care not to get it on anything but the rubber. If I could find a way to keep the rand in good shape I think I could get my boots to last a bit longer. Have any of you guys used it?

Been using 303 aerospace protectant on lots of stuff like convertable tops, dry bags, and its noted for bringing old windshield wipers back to life?seems to be a lot like armor all but tougher

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
I use silicone spray lube on all kinds of rubber based things to clean, protect ans restore and I think it works great