Silverado ZR2

Anyone been in the new Silverado ZR2? Any info would be helpful. Local dealer said they will have one in the next 3wks and am a little hesitant to put down a deposit.

dtrkyman

WKR
Have yet to see one, watched some youtube vids. on it. If I were going full size it would be tempting but 70k plus is painful!!!

My best friend has a trail boss, nice rig!

OP
Packing Meat
Beautiful looking rig, awesome; but so many engine problems.
I couldn't do it.
Engine problems?? I know GM has been using the 6.2L for awhile but I didn’t know about issues. Anything else you tell me about this

Wyatt G

Lil-Rokslider
Engine problems?? I know GM has been using the 6.2L for awhile but I didn’t know about issues. Anything else you tell me about this
I’m unsure about the 6.2, but in the 5.3 they’ve been having issues with lifters for a couple years. If those are replaced, and you get rid of the cylinder deactivation they’re extremely reliable engines.

manitou1

WKR
I know I WANT ONE! Awesome looking trucks. My current ride is a 1.5 year old Trail Boss, so can't justify it.

Netherman

WKR
I've driven one and they are pretty sweet. To me the major differences from a base truck are increased ground clearance, electric locking axles, and improved offroad suspension. For my needs the 2" lift would be nice getting into hunting and fishing spots, the lockers wouldn't see much as they are only needed for serious (high consequence) rock crawling, and the suspension changes aren't much better for typical road/trail use.

I think you need to decide if you'd use any of the features unique to the ZR2 or if you "just want one". Personally, I'd look at the trial boss as the 2" lift would be nice to have for my use case.

OP
Packing Meat
Thanks for all feedback. I’ve never had a Chevy so I need all the help I can get. Googling the Engine problems, it sounds like it’s cause by carbon buildup in the cylinders. The problem starts showing up after 75k miles. I keep my trucks as long as possible and this worries me. Again thanks for the info and I will not be buying a Chevy.

Thanks for all feedback. I’ve never had a Chevy so I need all the help I can get. Googling the Engine problems, it sounds like it’s cause by carbon buildup in the cylinders. The problem starts showing up after 75k miles. I keep my trucks as long as possible and this worries me. Again thanks for the info and I will not be buying a Chevy.
Don’t let that stuff scare you off. I have a Tahoe with 308,000 miles on it and will be taking it from Arkansas to Yellowstone next week.

What you are describing above doesn’t have anything to do with the 6.2. Chevy has some of the most reliable engines out there.

The recent lifter issues were on DOD lifters. Latching lifters that disable cylinders to increase fuel economy under certain situations. A new teuck as of now should not have an issue as the issue was identified and lifters they use have been redesigned. They are great trucks and engines.

Anyone been in the new Silverado ZR2? Any info would be helpful. Local dealer said they will have one in the next 3wks and am a little hesitant to put down a deposit.
I have a 2024 silverado ZR2 with a 6.2L, didnt like the diesel at all, but i can tell you now if you can fit one in your budget then MOST DEFINITELY let the arrow fly on this truck, best thing ive ever bought 💯

dtrkyman

WKR
My friend is making a fortune replacing transmissions on them, chevy that is not specifically the zr2 but newer silverado, another friend just replaced his trans also.

Article 4

WKR
I have had two of them.
2022 - engine blew at 6800 miles. Chevy and Dealer replaced it with a 2023 that I have to pay a small upgrade fee...new one now has 10800 miles on it and so far so good with the motor however

• Infotainment has gremlins
  • Pain in the ass to find lift and other parts for it
  • Front wheel wells are not engineered to accept much of a bigger tire without a level, and still new wheels are probably needed to any bigger than 34s

Attachments

• IMG_7138.jpg
    IMG_7138.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 16

Weldor

WKR
I can't hardly tell the difference between a Tundra , Chevy, etc. They all look the same and way to low for any serious trial travel. Not to mention the price. I can't see rock bashing a $100,000 truck, but to each his own.

Dumply

FNG
I can't hardly tell the difference between a Tundra , Chevy, etc. They all look the same and way to low for any serious trial travel. Not to mention the price. I can't see rock bashing a $100,000 truck, but to each his own.
$100,000 2024 dollars or ~$60,000, 2020 money.