Silencer Shop transfer fees

Ac338

WKR
So I ordered a surpressor through silencer shop a couple days ago and went to my local powered by dealer today where the surpressor is being sent to. He charged me $25 to use the kiosk for fingerprinting and said when I pick it up I’ll have to pay a $75 transfer fee. I was under the impression that there weren’t any fees through silencer shop, has anyone else had this issue?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Yup. Had same issue. Was frustrating to say the least because the whole reason I went that route was because it was $50 cheaper than another dealer. Ended up being more. Made a stink about it at the local dealer and was given the shrugged shoulder look…..like too late now sucker you already transferred the can.

mi650

WKR
Sounds like your dealer is playing games. I bought a can from SS last year, had it transferred thru a local powered by dealer, they didn't charge anything. Last winter, I bought a can from the same dealer, paid them, did all the paperwork thru SS, and they haven't charged anything.

The only time you should be paying additional fees at a Silencer Shop dealer is if you bought the can from another source and then moved it through Silencer Shop and the dealer. When I did that for a hard to find can they tacked on $75 I think. Otherwise, the price you see at Silencer shop should be the price you pay.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
The only time you should be paying additional fees at a Silencer Shop dealer is if you bought the can from another source and then moved it through Silencer Shop and the dealer. When I did that for a hard to find can they tacked on $75 I think. Otherwise, the price you see at Silencer shop should be the price you pay.
I don’t think that’s what I did, this is my first surpressor purchase though. I ordered the Hyperion K straight from silencer shops site and picked the Lgs from the powered by list on silencer shops website.

lak2004

WKR
My dealer is charging me $30/can for transfer and that's it. Sounds like yours a greedy sumbitch

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
A couple years ago I had an issue with returning a can while the paperwork was in process. I had a Nomad on order with paperwork I believe already pending with ATF then a couple weeks later the Nomad Ti was released, I wanted the Ti in it's place. SS basically said the dealer takes a cut, that if the dealer was willing to waive the fees, it would be fine. So I talked to the dealer about it. Regardless, to me it sounds like the profit a local dealer gets from a SS can is built in to the price SS charges. Again, maybe 2 years ago and I'm not on the inside of the business, it was just what I gathered.

SharkDog

FNG
The shop I'm using doesn't charge any fees. He asked me to go through his website to be redirected to silencer shop to make sure he gets his cut from silencer shop.

Axlrod

WKR
Mine charges $125/transfer. These were ordered online and shipped to him. Another store here has looked into getting a Kiosk, and they are $15,000. So I can understand the fees.

Shoot silencer shop an email about your dealer charging additional fees. If you buy through the silencer shop website the fees are built in and the dealer with a kiosk gets their cut.

If you ordered from somewhere else and your dealer is transferring through silencer shop then expect a fee, my dealer charges $90.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have a kiosk anywhere near me. I ordered over the phone, did all the stuff on their app and they shipped to a local FFL for me to finish up there. They didn’t charge me anything. I make sure to go buy ammo from them from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt5266

WKR
I also had to pay to use the kiosk and a transfer fee. They said I would not of been charged these fees if I would of purchased through silencer shop. But since I ordered direct from the supressor manufacturer the fees applied...

SloppyJ

WKR
I paid $25 to use the kiosk and a $50 transfer fee for each can. I DID NOT buy through SS but got it form 3'd to my dealer and then used SS for all of the paperwork. If you bought through SS, you shouldn't have any additional fees. The $25 I could see them asking for which I think is BS but in no way should you pay a transfer fee. That's the whole point of using the SS dealer. I'd call SS and ask why the dealer is trying to charge you for both fees.