Silverthorne Area / Elk Hunting

OP
B

bradywk

FNG
Yup! I'm aware of the laws, def wont be shed hunting until May!

Appreciate all of the responses, getting excited to get out and start exploring! I didn't think this area was too good but I am starting to get hyped up!

mcguirce

FNG
Hey guys,

First post here. I just moved out to the Silverthorne area from Pittsburgh, and absolutely loving it so far. I don't really know anyone in the area, and would love to meet anyone nearby who elk hunts.

Would be cool to scout, shed hunt, and shoot / train with anyone in the area! Shoot me a PM if your nearby and want to link up!
Did you have any luck in the area? We hunted 371 last year and looking to go back in September. We found several wallows, and a pulled back on a 6x6 but he had a few small trees covering vitals. If you’re interested in hooking up there will be a few of us coming up probably the third week in September.

WTFJohn

WKR
@mcguirce Between your positive report and the good one from the former member that made this thread, I think I'll shift my focus to that area too! Thanks for the easy to find info, sure makes my off season a lot easier knowing I can just head to that unit and get into them. I won't tell anyone else though, definitely want to preserve the good hunting that is available.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 6.05.41 PM.png
screen-shot-2023-01-12-at-6-04-08-pm-png.500635
Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 6.04.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: WAB