Sitka Core LTW Hoodie Review

tracker12

WKR
I like most of my Sitka Gear but was very skeptical of the Core LTW Hoddie. It seemed very thin and could not see how it would be of much value. I alomst returned it but decided to just give it a try based on reviews. I first used it on a fishing trip. The weather was around 55 degree and cloudy with a slight wind. I wore it next to the body and wore an LLBean wind stopper vest over it. Riding out to my fishing spot at around 25 MPH on my boat I was very comfortable. While stopped I was very comfortable and as evening came and temperature dropped I was still good. I put the hood on and could quickly feel warmer. During the outing I got the sleeves wet from reaching in for fish. With the slight breeze it dried quickly. On the ride back I put on the built in face mask. It helped keep the chill off the face. I really like this option on the hoodie. It will work out perfect while in the turkey blind this spring.

Next I wore the hoodie for 5 days during my recent NJ archery bear hunt. Temps from 40-60 and a a base level worked out well. At 6' 186 the large fit very well. Again I really liked the face mask. In NJ you have to hunt on the ground with no manmade blind if using bait. I had 3 bear within 20 yards and kept undetected. I hope this helps others when considering this item.