Sitka Gear Prices Increasing?

Has anyone else noticed that Sitka Gear's prices have been steadily increasing? I know they have always been a high end hunting apparel company but recently it seems a lot of their gear has gotten a lot more expensive, even compared to Kuiu and First Lite.

I've also seen that they are dropping from some of the LEO/Mil discount programs I use, which sucks. At a steep discount that makes the pricing competitive with other brands I love me some Sitka. At full retail? I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Wags

WKR
I've also seen that they are dropping from some of the LEO/Mil discount programs I use, which sucks. At a steep discount that makes the pricing competitive with other brands I love me some Sitka. At full retail? I guess we'll see.

That would really suck..... I know I've been able to use certain programs for certain brands over the years and have always appreciated the savings. In return I've continued to use their gear and promote it every chance I get. If it weren't for those programs I'd not been able to swing the cost of a lot of the gear I now have.

Wow just noticed that as well that's a bummer. Probably ppl abusing it or gotta pay Dudley's royalties for his quiver pants I guess. Barklow is military though I'm sure that they'll come up with something in house?

Edit I guess they still do :

clint6760

FNG
Sitka is dropping the discounts for teachers. They will still offer the discounts for LEO, military, and first responders

sneaky

"DADDY"

If you are already in their system for the discount that is going to stay. They just won't be accepting any new applications for the pro deals. At least that's how it reads. Guess we'll find out in about 10 days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TFrank

WKR
Hmmm. Guess I should read the emails they send me. I Was unaware the discount was going away or from what the other poster said they are accepting no new apps. Glad I am signed up already.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks that they'll be scrapping the program after this year. I just renewed my pro deal so thankfully I've still got another year of it. I'm not a LEO but I work for my local county so I've been blessed to be able to use it through the LEO Adventures program. I've gotten and promoted a lot of Sitka gear and have always appreciated the discount; never abusing it.

Must either be the price of inflation or to many were abusing the discount. Probably a mix of both. They were one of the only high end companies that were offering it to general government workers too I believe.

Rob5589

WKR
Prices of everything are up. From raw materials, to labor shortages, to the most convenient excuse, Covid, I wouldn't expect prices to ever come down.

2ski

WKR
When people can't find people to work they have to raise their wages. They have to make it up somehow.

Always been overpriced..
Man would I love to know what kind of juicy margin Sitka is making on its stuff. It's crazy they they sell the "Made in Vietnam" Kelvin Down WS hoody for $400 when a comparable all US sourced and made alternative like the Kifaru LPP is only what, $300 retail?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Man would I love to know what kind of juicy margin Sitka is making on its stuff. It's crazy they they sell the "Made in Vietnam" Kelvin Down WS hoody for $400 when a comparable all US sourced and made alternative like the Kifaru LPP is only what, $300 retail?

That Sitka WS hoody is a lot warmer than the LPP, and one is synthetic and the other has down and synthetic. No one's forcing anyone to buy any gear. It's a free market. Most people I hear complaining about prices have never even used whatever they're complaining about.

That Sitka WS hoody is a lot warmer than the LPP, and one is synthetic and the other has down and synthetic. No one's forcing anyone to buy any gear. It's a free market. Most people I hear complaining about prices have never even used whatever they're complaining about.

I was just asking a question. Not complaining. Not saying anyone was forcing me to do anything. No need to make attacks or get all defensive about your purchases. It's just clothing.

Ralphie

WKR
I was just asking a question. Not complaining. Not saying anyone was forcing me to do anything. No need to make attacks or get all defensive about your purchases. It's just clothing.

Just Clothing?! Um I think you mean gear.🤣

They aint comparable at least as far as materials used and associated price points. Decent loft down and synthetic are 2 different price points. Nylon ripstop shell vs Gore windstopper are two different price points.

US made western mountaineering Ion down windstopper jacket is $625 and you wont find it for 20-40% off everywhere at the end of the season.

Last edited: