Sitka Incinerator vs Blizzard

Incahoots

FNG
What seperates the 2 from each other? Guessing both are close in warmth. Why would you pick one over the other and for what situation. My use is mainly stand hunting whitetail and predator hunting. Not a lot of walking once in place

I have both Browning Hydro Suede and Cabela’s MTO50 parkas. Haven't used the MTO50. I love the Browning Hydro Suede wish I'd have bought the bibs before they phased it out years ago. Will I notice much difference in warmth and staying dry by upgrading to the Sitka?

Kotaman

WKR
I have both. The big difference is the “finish” on these. The Incinerator has a low nap fleece exterior, the Blizzard is your typical gore/nylon exterior. The Incinerator is quieter. I love the insulated pants of the Blizzard.

You’ll die walking in either of these, but toasty warm sitting in either in any extreme environment. I lived in the Blizzard set on a Polar Bear Hunt with Canada Goose set over the top. I wore the Blizzard by itself on a fall Musk Ox hunt. For me, the Incinerator is relegated to tree-stand hunting. I prefer synthetic insulation to down on Predator hunts as it does a better job of moisture management while mobile.

OP
Incahoots

Incahoots

FNG
Thank you for the info. I guess I'm going to have to find a retailer and try them on and decide which I prefer

I have the Blizzard Parka, and I really love it. It has synthetic insulation, plus down insulation. The down is treated so that it will not clump when wet or lose it's insulation qualities. I wore it during my last Elk hunt in Chama, Oct 24 thru the 28th. On Oct 26th, I was sitting in a brush blind (no top cover), and a winter storm blew in. Temps dropped about 40 degrees and it started raining, then started sleeting, then started snowing. I was in there until dark about 4 hours total, in horrible conditions. I pulled my hood up over my head, and just sat there doubting anything with any sense (I don't fit into that category) would be out in that weather. I didn't see anything but a couple geese that were in the waterhole I was sitting by.
I was warm and comfortable with the Blizzard Parka on. I just kept watching the rain and sleet rolling off of the sleeves as I sat there. It kept me warm and dry.
I was staying in a Motel in town, so when I got back that night, I shook the Blizzard Parka off, and put it over the back of the chair in the room. At 4:30 am the next morning when I woke up to go out again, the Parka was dry and ready to be worn again. I finally killed a 4 X 4 on the last day.
I have no experience with the Incinerator, but I highly recommend the Blizzard Parka. Only negative might be the surface material isn't as quiet as a fleece type facing. Not sure if it would work well in bow hunting distances, but for rifle hunting, it presents no problems.

Last edited:

Decker9

WKR
Iv used the blizzard parka for a few years now, it’s my go to from November until spring. Best trapline jacket Iv used, it’s a bombshell. I just got another for my gal as she’s always taking mine.

Must say though, it is pretty loud for “up close” type hunting.