Sitka Jacket

ba5592

WKR
I am looking for a SItka Jacket and am stuck between the 90% (although discontinued), Jetstream, and Timberline. I need something that can buck wind and light moisture in temps between 40-60 degrees. I usually layer underneath.

Does anyone have any direct experience with any of these?

ianpadron

WKR
I am looking for a SItka Jacket and am stuck between the 90% (although discontinued), Jetstream, and Timberline. I need something that can buck wind and light moisture in temps between 40-60 degrees. I usually layer underneath.

Does anyone have any direct experience with any of these?
The Sitka Timberline is your best bet.

90% is not fully windproof and the jetstream is too warm for those conditions.

I've basically lived in my Timberline the past 2 seasons and do not have a single complaint other than the fit is a little boxy for a tall frame.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I bought a 90% for those temps but ended up with a jetstream instead. I agree 60 may be a bit warm for a fleeced shell like a jetstream or 90% if you are moving. Still and windy then I welcome the protection.

I have looked at the light shells like the timberline and mountain but feel like I would be layering under them for all but a slim part of my season.

I think a lot of roksliders have moved away from the soft shell and I might consider leaving mine behind on a long, ultra light trip. However, for shorter hunts I still love a lightly insulated shell. My go tos are the jetstream and a first lite northbranch. Neither are exactly rainproof or completely block wind but they are a good compromise with those functions and breath ability.

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
Not to highjack but how does the mountain jacket compare to these. I have always wanted a Jetstream and i see now that they have pit zips. Guessing the timberline is similar to the old Jetstream lite and the mountain is basically an unlined windproof jacket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk