Sitka Jetstream $187

I am torn. I currently have a Kuiu Axis jacket and love it, but the Jetstream for $150 is tempting. Anyone have both and can let me know their thoughts? I have put my hands on the Jetstream but it doesn't seem as well built as the Axis. Seems floppy and like it would snag more. I feel like they are basically the same jacket and kuiu a little sturdier. Thoughts?

Axis has actual waterproofing on it. Jetstream is a windstopper layer that is not waterproof. It’s important to note that the “solids” Jetstream is different than the camo version—missing a couple arm pockets, has a louder face fabric that is more durable. I think the Axis is as close to an all-weather softshell as you get; where as the Jetstream really isn’t going to do much for you if it gets wet.

No experience with the axis.

I have had a different experience than @jd1006 with my jet streams. I own a subalpine and a dirt one. Both have shed light rain well enough but I wouldn’t want to rely on them as rain gear For a prolonged downpour.

Again, no experience to compare to the axis, but i would put the jet stream above my kuiu guide dcs in terms of both fit and function. Jet stream is warmer and more wind and water resistant IMO.

I am torn. I currently have a Kuiu Axis jacket and love it, but the Jetstream for $150 is tempting. Anyone have both and can let me know their thoughts? I have put my hands on the Jetstream but it doesn't seem as well built as the Axis. Seems floppy and like it would snag more. I feel like they are basically the same jacket and kuiu a little sturdier. Thoughts?
I had both and prefer the axis- thought it fit a little better and wasn't as noisy. I sold the jetstream as I didn't really see the point of having both but it's a nice jacket.

I have the kuiu axis and just picked up the jet stream. I do like the axis but have issues with the fit when layering. I’m 5’5” and range from 160-170lbs. Athletic build. When I ordered the axis I tried on both the medium and the large. They both fit me about the same in the chest and back area when I would layer up. Both sizes would get tight around the pit zip area. The jet stream seems to be a better fit for me in that under arm area. I can not speak to performance differences since I just received the jet stream.

Back