Sitka Let Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent Sitka a 15 year old jacket with a loose zipper. They just sent me a new jacket (Stratus). You may have said the wrong thing or talked to the wrong person. I’d try sportsman’s again myself.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, ok. Plenty of people, myself included, have been abusing Ascent pants for years with no issues. You're the "I can break an anvil guy" sounds like. Good thing is, there's a million camo companies on the market today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lol 😂 no problem buddy. Lots of people love Sitka and that’s great. I don’t care who wears what. MY experience with Sitka is those pants got shredded and I did not experience there “excellent “ customer service. It’s a hunting forum and I will let people know my experience. Usually when I do I get people seemingly pissed off and say it’s the best clothing bar none. I’m good with that and I am glad others are beyond happy with it. I don’t normally buy the high end camo available from millions of companies. 80 percent of the time I am wearing my green wool pants that haven’t let me down for 20 years. I don’t think I can break an anvil but I have never tried 😂 I’m glad your Sitka is working for ya 👍

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was it bought under your rewards card? They should be able to find it under that.

CorbLand

WKR
I agree, the bigger problem is people misusing, fraudulently, the return process. However, I would have been hard pressed to fake the speortsmans tags.
It’s really not. People peel the monarchs all the time to try and get things cheaper. I am not sure whose rule it is but it’s for the exact same reason sneaky posted. You would be amazed at what people will do. It wasn’t uncommon to have people buy Leupold scopes, take them home, put a knock off in the box and bring it back a week later.

It’s probably a store policy and not Sitka’s but employees get so sick of arguing that they will lie to customers. It’s harder for a customer to argue when it’s “someone else’s policy.” Right or wrong, they deal with some of the worst society has to offer for 9 bucks an hour.

I watched a guy argue with a kid at the gun counter because they wouldn’t let him pay for the gun in Utah and ship it to his daughter in Ohio so she could fill out the 4473. He then got even more mad when they wouldn’t let him fill out the 4473, pay for it and have them ship it to Ohio. He left saying “you can just send it on your truck to the closest store and she can pick it up.”

Last edited:
To the OP - I hope you can get it exchanged through Sitka. As mentioned, you can probably sell it here for pretty close to retail if it has tags. I was at the local fleet farm in November and there was a customer arguing with a young employee about his new crossbow that he just dry-fired and wanted to return because they didn't tell him he couldn't do that 🤔. The customer was getting all upset about this and he was the one at fault. I do feel bad for those employees dealing with that crap all the time.

Boblee

FNG
I’m not a fan of Sitka. I bought the lightweight I think accent pants for archery one year. Absolutely shredded from brush within a few weeks. Sent them in and they said they would recycle (I.e.throw away) or charge me shipping to send them back. I know many people had great return experience not me. I felt like honestly the pants were overpriced junk with no durability so I just decided I definitely won’t buy anymore Sitka. Some people love it but I think it’s way overpriced and the durability for me was crap. Green Woolies that cost me 40 bucks are still performing after 20 years. 😂 I hunt year round with hounds for lions spring bear all the fall seasons if it’s not too hot the green wool pants have beat all the so called high end “gear” it’s gear if you pay enough for 1 outfit not clothing lol.
Following dogs around isn't hardly hunting . What a shame .

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
How is it not hunting?
I think hound hunting is so very misunderstood. So many people pass judgment without any solid knowledge on the practice. Hounds and pointers have the same purpose but they are seen in two very different ways by many people. But back to the topic at hand, I think customer service should be the top priority at all times. Sportsman's should have just switched it out for a bigger size and been done with it.

Boblee

FNG
I think hound hunting is so very misunderstood. So many people pass judgment without any solid knowledge on the practice. Hounds and pointers have the same purpose but they are seen in two very different ways by many people. But back to the topic at hand, I think customer service should be the top priority at all times. Sportsman's should have just switched it out for a bigger size and been done with it.
I fully understand hound hunting and that's how I know it's not hunting , my neighbor is into it pretty hard , went with him a few times before I was sure , I'm not sure what to call it but im sure it isn't hunting .

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
This to me sounds like a Sportsman’s issue. What retailer can’t look up a receipt in their system in todays age?

As others have said. Call Sitka. My guess is they’ll make it right. Might even just send you a hat for your trouble.

(This is why I shop at scheels, their return policy is awesome)

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
I fully understand hound hunting and that's how I know it's not hunting , my neighbor is into it pretty hard , went with him a few times before I was sure , I'm not sure what to call it but im sure it isn't hunting .
It is a very old form of hunting. Just because it doesn't fit your ideal of hunting, doesn't make it not hunting. The amount of work put into training and maintaining the dogs, to the work put into following the dogs until an animal is treed, is far more effort than other forms of hunting.

Saying something like using dogs isn't hunting, brings division in hunters, and that why anti's go after it first. Then it's hunting predators, and so on and so on.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It is a very old form of hunting. Just because it doesn't fit your ideal of hunting, doesn't make it not hunting. The amount of work put into training and maintaining the dogs, to the work put into following the dogs until an animal is treed, is far more effort than other forms of hunting.

Saying something like using dogs isn't hunting, brings division in hunters, and that why anti's go after it first. Then it's hunting predators, and so on and so on.
100%. Well said. I just SMH at some of the “hunters” we see nowadays.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
This to me sounds like a Sportsman’s issue. What retailer can’t look up a receipt in their system in todays age?

As others have said. Call Sitka. My guess is they’ll make it right. Might even just send you a hat for your trouble.

Scheels is AWESOME! They are hands down the best store around where I live.

Super tag

WKR
What a stupid comment…….why would you say something like that instead of just passing, obviously you don’t know hunting, hound hunting is sophisticated and takes alot of effort, which brings alot of satisfaction to those that enjoy it. I love my dogs.

CorbLand

WKR

You would need to know the exact date it was purchased and what card was used.

If not, do you know how many thousands of receipts a store prints a day?

wytx

WKR
I'm betting Bob has never been on a mt lion hunt with hounds, I would love to watch you just follow some lion hounds sometime.

Esq you never called Sitka to make sure that was their policy not just some person at Sportsman's telling you it was ? Call Sitka and get it taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.