Sitka Medium Tall Discontinued

Oso

FNG
As someone tall and lanky, I was happy to find that Sitka made medium tall sizes in some items. I just reached out to Sitka asking if there would be a restock for subalpine ahead of spring turkey season, as I have been on the hunt for a core long sleeve tee for a while. The rep told me they have discontinued the medium tall size and will not restock any items in that size.

Sitka's medium is way too short for me, the large too short and a little wide, and the large tall fits like a nightgown. I am going to give First Lite a shot since I hear their shirts fit a little long. But I'm disappointed in this move by Sitka. While I am set in EvII (base, fanatic hoody, stratus jacket), I was hoping to expand into some of the warmer weather subalpine gear for spot and stalk.

AJB88

FNG
As someone tall and lanky, I was happy to find that Sitka made medium tall sizes in some items. I just reached out to Sitka asking if there would be a restock for subalpine ahead of spring turkey season, as I have been on the hunt for a core long sleeve tee for a while. The rep told me they have discontinued the medium tall size and will not restock any items in that size.

Sitka's medium is way too short for me, the large too short and a little wide, and the large tall fits like a nightgown. I am going to give First Lite a shot since I hear their shirts fit a little long. But I'm disappointed in this move by Sitka. While I am set in EvII (base, fanatic hoody, stratus jacket), I was hoping to expand into some of the warmer weather subalpine gear for spot and stalk.
Hi there
Did youbhave any luck with medium tall sizing? I'm 6'2" and 180 and have similar experiences of clothing as youve described
How did that first lite stuff go?
Cheers
Aaron

OP
O

Oso

FNG
Hi there
Did youbhave any luck with medium tall sizing? I'm 6'2" and 180 and have similar experiences of clothing as youve described
How did that first lite stuff go?
Cheers
Aaron
The first lite pants are great. Very comfortable and come in a 32x35 size. But the shirts were too short and wide.

I gave Canis a try. Very happy. The tops are made pretty small. The tall was too tight and short, but the XL fit very well. I’ve never bought XL in anything, but I’m telling you, size up for Canis. Also the casual/athletic clothes do not fit the same as the hunting clothes. The merino base layer hunting shirts are the most comfortable shirts I’ve ever put on, so I tried buying a couple of their non hunting t shirts. The XL in the regular t shirt was the right length, but I could have fit my wife in the shirt with me. Much bigger than the merino hunting shirts. The alpine light pants are also very nice, and they have a built in extension to take them from about a 32 length to a 34 length. I ordered my regular size of 32, and they fit fine in the waist, but they are snug in the thighs. But very stretchy, and I’ve hiked a few miles at a time in them without issue. Also bought the Grizzly jacket in XL, and I’m happy with it. And the gloves, belt, neck gaiter, and hat are nice. Since I live in Texas, I’ve not ventured into any of their colder weather gear.

AJB88

FNG
The first lite pants are great. Very comfortable and come in a 32x35 size. But the shirts were too short and wide.

I gave Canis a try. Very happy. The tops are made pretty small. The tall was too tight and short, but the XL fit very well. I’ve never bought XL in anything, but I’m telling you, size up for Canis. Also the casual/athletic clothes do not fit the same as the hunting clothes. The merino base layer hunting shirts are the most comfortable shirts I’ve ever put on, so I tried buying a couple of their non hunting t shirts. The XL in the regular t shirt was the right length, but I could have fit my wife in the shirt with me. Much bigger than the merino hunting shirts. The alpine light pants are also very nice, and they have a built in extension to take them from about a 32 length to a 34 length. I ordered my regular size of 32, and they fit fine in the waist, but they are snug in the thighs. But very stretchy, and I’ve hiked a few miles at a time in them without issue. Also bought the Grizzly jacket in XL, and I’m happy with it. And the gloves, belt, neck gaiter, and hat are nice. Since I live in Texas, I’ve not ventured into any of their colder weather gear.
Thats amazingly helpful. Cheers for that!
I'll give the Canis a go. Maybe the first lite pants too. Sounds like youre pretty similar specs to me
I'll be chasing colder weather stuff too but that's a start for sure