Sitka pant with hip vents

sneaky

"DADDY"
Saw these in a store this evening. Equinox Guard pants in Subalpine with hip vents backed with mesh. Permethrin treated as well. Looked like the Apex pant type material with the raised backing to the material.
5af351d70a5961b85ca479c5694eb995.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KineKilla

WKR
Almost like they're going for the same approach as Kuiu did with the Attack pants. Both are too warm for a hot day, even with the vents open.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Interesting…..I saw traverse pants in solid colors at Scheels in KC area……not with hip vents like I want but was glad to see them in solids……green and gray

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Almost like they're going for the same approach as Kuiu did with the Attack pants. Both are too warm for a hot day, even with the vents open.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
It's a different material than their whitetail line Equinox pants. I should have taken a pic of the inside of them. Reminded me a lot of my Apex pants, and those aren't what I would call really hot in warmer weather, they breathe pretty good and if it's windy and cool you have to have a good base layer on. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have taken a pic of the tag with the item number on it too. They aren't on Sitkas website. They have some turkey hunting gear they came out with and had on their site too, then removed it. My cousin sent me pictures of their turkey vest yesterday from the NWTF show in Nashville.
f5c72bf865059fa66bbcf1465d14e6ee.jpg

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Some other pics of the vest and ground blind setup
5bec8fed0bec4b1acdbdf0d5e246d9be.jpg
9b835d0951fb45d403812eb7440d70e0.jpg

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
This is a good sign. Wonder why it’s on a whitetail pant, though.
This material isn't the same as their other whitetail Equinox pants, retail was $229 on these, the 4 way stretch polyester Equinox pants are $199 and have a waterproof seat, these didn't have that either. Has a built in sock- like gaiter in the cuff of the pants too.

jfs82

WKR
I'd love some Ascents with vents. Hot weather pants should always have them.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like a turkey-hunting specific line. Makes sense.
Those pants with the hip vents were at a store, not in the display at the NWTF. For whitetail and turkey hunters the hip vents don't make near as much sense as putting them in mountain hunting pants where the exertion levels are completely different. The Timberlines and Mountain Pants need hip vents, whitetail gear.... not so much.

dtrkyman

WKR
Any more input on their turkey vest or any clothes turkey specific, not finding much info on it and the turkey geeks mostly shun anything not Mossy oak!

Turkey hunters need hip vents!

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Any more input on their turkey vest or any clothes turkey specific, not finding much info on it and the turkey geeks mostly shun anything not Mossy oak!

Turkey hunters need hip vents!
Nope. It was listed on their site for a few days before NWTF, then pulled off. Not sure when it'll show back up on there.

ChrisAU

WKR
Ordered a pair of the new pants and the new gloves today. Saw a listing that said 13.5 oz, couldn’t help myself. I’m a sucker for lightweight pants, my current favorite by a mile is the Kuiu Kutanas.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, these are super light pants. Let us know what you think when you get em in.