Sitka rep anti-gun

11bhank

FNG
I’m getting sick of these people who are basically bums that blog, vlog, and hunt all the time. I know people that are new to hunting that our sponsored by Sitka, they go on these month long hunts and never kill anything, but will definitely tell you how you should be hunting, how to vote, how to open a can of tuna. These same people just happen to be good looking and post a picture with their shirt off every now and again. They act like hunting is some sacred act. They spend more time taking selfies than hunting. It’s just hunting, you should do it for enjoyment, food, and relaxation not try to turn it into some circus. They be like we must care for the animal, we must wipe all the blood off before taking a photo of it, we must only shoot it with a long bow because shooting it with a gun would be too savage and cheating. “I have my Sitka gear on and I’m taking selfies and going to NWT on $50,000 hunt. I am a hunter and all you other people really don’t know what you’re talking about. Public land over military and common sense. Oh look at me I’m in a corn field with my Sitka gear don’t I look sexy. Oh you actually ate that fish???!!! That fish would’ve been bigger and some other person could have caught it. Oh you shot a 2 year old buck, wow, practice some management skills.” Giezz, rant over!!! Sorry!!! People have really turned into fruit loops these days!!! Getting sick of it! There are more important things than hunting! I can’t imagine how these people’s kids and spouses feel. I love hunting as much as the next person, and I be sure to respect the animal, but come on! They have turned it into a douche bag sport! I can’t even hardly wear my Sitka gear anymore!

OFFHNTN

WKR
There is another thread on this guy on the General Forum. Most, me included, are quite interested to see what Sitka says about it all.

11bhank

FNG
I am exaggerating a bit but I hope I’m not the only one that sees what is going on in the hunting industry. The people I refer to have followers so far up their butt that they don’t reason or think for themselves! Just go hunting and have fun! If you can afford expensive gear, buy it, but don’t think you have to buy what they have to have fun with your buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s like yeti being called anti gun because they don’t give the nra free shit. That got blown all out of proportion. I’m not sure how I really feel about the nra anymore they don’t seem to be doing shit but getting rich off us hard working folks.

SWOHTR

WKR
Why do people get spun up about thugs like this?

Do yourself a favor and get rid of FB/IG/etc. and I can guarantee you will have a more fulfilling life. I can’t imagine an existence more boring than monitoring social media and speculating about what someone else thinks.

wapitibob

WKR
Maybe the guy is getting tired of our kids getting killed in schools, our neighbors getting killed at work, and nobody doing a thing about it.

What that "thing" is, I have no idea but doing nothing sure as hell isn't gonna fix it.

Do yourself a favor and get rid of FB/IG/etc. and I can guarantee you will have a more fulfilling life. I can’t imagine an existence more boring than monitoring social media and speculating about what someone else thinks.

I agree with you. To a degree. I do not do the FB/IG/Twitter stuff. But a lot of people do- that is the problem. You might not see or care, but tens of thousands do, and then they all react, and the things you enjoy doing become illegal and outlawed. Without a voice opposing those viewpoints, they become to norm- and then we have to suffer the outcome. KInd of sucks, but it is the way of the world these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the guy is getting tired of our kids getting killed in schools, our neighbors getting killed at work, and nobody doing a thing about it.

What that "thing" is, I have no idea but doing nothing sure as hell isn't gonna fix it.

So- doing "something" or "anything" is the answer?
Just because some people use guns to do evil things, shouldn't be the reason we run out and take them away from all people. That is just wrong on so many levels.
People abuse their right to free speech as well. Many use it to incite masses to do their dirty work. You all for getting rid of that right too?
How about your right to practice your religion? Is it on the table as well?

The guy that shot up Vegas was also a pilot. He had an airplane. He could have just as easily loaded his airplane full of gasoline cans and dive bombed directly into that crowd- would have quadrupled the body count. He was a POS that wanted to hurt people, he would have found a way. Taking away my guns isn't going to solve that.

wapitibob

WKR
And exactly where did I say guns needed taken away?

We as a society need to start talking about the "why" and until a few dozen with their head in the sand have to identify their kid at the morgue that discussion won't happen.

I'm not seeing anti-gun. I'm seeing a short vague statement about reality.

I agree. I think it is an issue that everyone, including those of us whom are pro-2A, would love to solve.

This isn't aimed at you, but that doesn't mean gun control is the resolution. In fact, I doubt many people with much between the ears actually believe gun control would solve a thing. Someone hell bent on causing carnage will just find another tool to use, it's as simple as that.

rayporter

WKR
what is wrong with the world is ruling anyone out based on that fact they have different views than you do. We will never accomplish anything much less make this world a better place doing that.

my problem with that is that they want to impose their view on me. and I darn sure am not trying to impose my view on them.

Post was removed as was his employment mention of Sitka from bio.

b83b67c9ff655074b443331bcb390bce.jpg

The dude he made the video with is married to a woman on the national council of the humane society and he started a gofundme to support the “shoot em with a camera” movement to get anti hunters to apply for griz tags.

db37065600a18f23fa2a0f376fbf3095.jpg

Yeah, to hell with that dude. Can’t see Sitka keeping him around.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not seeing anti-gun. I'm seeing a short vague statement about reality.

I take this the same. There is something, or things that need to be done about mass shootings. That does not necessarily mean gun control, but folks automatically equate it as such. The root cause is not guns, the root cause is the something within the human condition that will cause someone to do it.

whaack

WKR

As someone who works in the technology industry I nominate this post for comment of the year. People need to wake up to the reality of what SM and technology addiction is doing to our culture and lives.

Your hard earned dollar$ matter. As passionate sportsman, we spend a ton of money on gear and travel. It doesn’t surprise me that a company like Sitka has a guy like this on the payroll. They outsource all their manufacturing to China anyway, what do you expect?

China is no friend to anyone, they imprison people because of their political and religeous beliefs, use them as slave labor.

Millions of Uighurs and Kazakhs in China are being forced to make stuff exported to America. When you spend $$ on Kuiu, First Lite, and Sitka you support this barbaric practice.

US sportswear traced to factory in China'''s internment camps

This Charles Post guy is probably a leftist, that’s just what these people are...