Sitka sales?

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been pieceing together all my gear over the past year or so. I have just about all the basics but still missing a few things. I was wondering if anyone knew of any upcoming sales? I’d love to get my hands on some timberline pants, kelvin ws down hoody or some coldfront gloves.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I saw it in the classifieds, seems like a good deal I’m surprised it hasn’t been sold yet. I’m a large or I’d be all over it..thank you though

sneaky

"DADDY"
All Sitka goes on sale in January/February. Usually 20% off everything, discontinued items will be more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I saw it in the classifieds, seems like a good deal I’m surprised it hasn’t been sold yet. I’m a large or I’d be all over it..thank you though

They run one size big, if that helps. I'm a 2xl and bought the xl and it still needs a bit of layering to fill the void.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
They run one size big, if that helps. I'm a 2xl and bought the xl and it still needs a bit of layering to fill the void.

I tried a large on over my cold weather hoody in the store the other day and i liked the fit. But I’ve read some people wear it under their jetstream and I was planning on wearing it over (once I get a jet stream). How do you layer?

the only circumstances I’d layer a kelvin ws with a jetstream is if the jetstream is an active layer worn and you slow down and need some quick insulation. Or if you need every layer in your pack to stay warm enough.

They are the most efficient layering combo, you are carrying extra weight if you have two wind stopper layers but I can see how a guy would want an active layer of it and a glassing layer.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I could never imagine carrying a Jetstream with a WS hoody. Might as well carry a Stormfront if they're that paranoid. I could see wearing a Kelvin active jacket and throwing the WS hoody on over that. I couldn't imagine trying to fit that WS hoody underneath a Jetstream. You wouldn't be able to move, and it would compress the hell out of the down, making it useless.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
the only circumstances I’d layer a kelvin ws with a jetstream is if the jetstream is an active layer worn and you slow down and need some quick insulation. Or if you need every layer in your pack to stay warm enough.

They are the most efficient layering combo, you are carrying extra weight if you have two wind stopper layers but I can see how a guy would want an active layer of it and a glassing layer.

That’s what I was thinkin, jet stream for active, ws hoody for sitting..I was thinkin core heavy weight, jet stream vest then a soft shell and ws hoody for glassing

- - - Updated - - -

I could never imagine carrying a Jetstream with a WS hoody. Might as well carry a Stormfront if they're that paranoid. I could see wearing a Kelvin active jacket and throwing the WS hoody on over that. I couldn't imagine trying to fit that WS hoody underneath a Jetstream. You wouldn't be able to move, and it would compress the hell out of the down, making it useless.

What’s your reasoning for the stormfront vs the jetstream? Two puffies seems a little much but i don’t know anything from experience about western hunting just what I’ve read.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
I'm using a merino base, core hvy weight zip, then either the original 90% jacket or new jetstream jacket depending on temp/conditions. The 90% does not have ws in it so it's my main outer for sept bowhunting and the jetstream will be my main outer for October Antelope and Elk when there is light rain or snow.
If it's colder I can add my Kryptek Kratos med puffy over the core hvy weight and under the jetstream and this setup should work for most any hunting I would be doing.
My jetstream has ws, my big kelvin down does not so if it's real cold and I'm sitting the jetstream will probably go over the kelvin down but it's unlikely I'll be out in that kind of cold. I bought the kelvin down more for around camp.
One thing to remember, the jetstream jackets are short, like the original 90%. I'm 6'3 and the xxl reg fit well with a "tailored fit" for lack of a better explanation. Because of the length issue, I went with the xxl tall. The tall version has maybe 1/4 - 1/3 size up in volume. My kelvin down fits under the jetstream will slight compression but it's not tight like it would be under my older 90% jacket.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
That’s what I was thinkin, jet stream for active, ws hoody for sitting..I was thinkin core heavy weight, jet stream vest then a soft shell and ws hoody for glassing

- - - Updated - - -

What’s your reasoning for the stormfront vs the jetstream? Two puffies seems a little much but i don’t know anything from experience about western hunting just what I’ve read.
I meant, if you're gonna carry two windstopper pieces you may as well carry a Stormfront jacket too. I've never been in a situation, ever, where I thought a soft shell jacket would be the ticket. I don't even own one now. Either a Kelvin lite hoody and a light rain jacket, or a Kelvin active under a rain jacket makes way more sense than a soft shell jacket that excels at neither. The WS hoody seems like a great insulation piece for glassing, but way too warm to actually hike around in. I know the Jetstream is their best selling piece, but I haven't found a use for it yet in MY system.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love soft shells for day hunting less noise than a hard shell but of course doesn't shed moisture as well so need the ability to dry it out at night. If I'm packing in on my back puffy and rain gear for sure.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the help guys. I’m thinking maybe I’ll go for the rain jacket before a jetstream but not 100% sure..also hoping this sale comes soon, would really like to get a good pair of gloves before I go predator/varmint hunting in a few weeks. Any suggestions? I liked the coldfronts in the store but I’m open to others if they are warmer or better.

Dries

WKR
Mountain Archery has huge sale of Closeout Sitka pieces right now. Some pretty good deals. In January at some point I do believe most dealers have a sale on remaining inventory to make room for new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11bhank

FNG
If you are busting brush or going through briar patches a soft shell will be the way to go for an active day hunt. If you are just wearing a core piece it will keep get caught. Add the soft shell which is a slick outer material and the thorns and brush will just slide off. Rain gear just will not breathe as well. The jetstream jacket has pit zips. Add a puffy underneath the jacket and you’ll be good for most situations. Jetstream should shed a little rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
All Sitka is on sale right now if you haven't seen the notifications yet