Six moons designs lunar solo ?

Sammymusi

WKR
Anyone have any experiences with this tent ? I'm looking at getting a tent but not real sure on anything. Pretty much will have a base camp and have this in my pack if we get into some animals out west and need to spike out for a night or 2. Any input would be appreciated. Im not looking to spend a ton of money but this would be a happy medium for me.

I think this is perfect for that. I have a Deschutes Plus from them, so basically the lunar solo without the floor but it has a mesh bug skirt. I wouldn't hesitate to get the Lunar Solo though as my Deschutes Plus is solid and made very well. They have great CS at Six Moons and fair pricing.

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Exactly what I was hoping to hear man thanks so much for the reply.

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Another question then , would it be good for a week hunt ? Or would I want to look into something different. Im buying once crying once if that makes sense haha

A full week would really depend on where you're going and what season it is, at least for me it would. Anywhere in the lower 48 in September it will be great since there's not much of a chance of being stuck in the tent for a prolonged amount of time due to weather. If it's later in the season and the weather gets nasty on a regular basis, then it's probably a better idea to bring something bigger that's more comfortable to hang out in if you get socked in for a full day or two or even more. If you're gonna bow hunt elk in September and you're gonna chase them around a couple miles from the road then I would have no reservations bringing that tent for a week.

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Awesome thanks .. im a bow guy not really into hunting with a gun.. not that there's anything wrong with rifle I just really enjoy archery hunting. Thanks i will get this ordered up !

Jkuhn22

FNG
I am also 6’2”, is this too cramped and will the sides be hitting me in the face as I sleep?

Rokwiia

WKR
I have the Lunar Duo. You are fully contained within it and no insect, snake, or other creature can get in. There is plenty of room in the Duo for me and gear. There are tie-outs midway on the ends which, if used, will keep the tent taut.

I really like it and use hiking poles rather than conventional poles which are an option. Haven't said all of this there is one concern for me. I'm not sure I'd want to test the tent out in high winds in the field. I'd want to set it up at home when you're expecting high winds and see how it performs.

After having gotten used the Duo, it confirms that I'm who prefers a freestanding tent rather than one tied down. The next tent will be a freestanding one such as the Double Rainbow or Rainshadow 3, from Henry Shire's Tarp Tent or maybe something from Big Agnes.

huntdoc

FNG
If you are 6-2 it might be a pretty tight fit. I'm 5-11 and it seemed to get small pretty quick. Solid price, lightweight, but not great in wind and not a lot of space if spending extended time in it.