Skb bow case design

Felton

WKR
Anyone else buy a high end bow case that doesn’t fit your bow at all.

I bought a skb 4214 and have a Hoyt helix turbo, the straps are way off. I really wanted the 4217 and maybe I should have held out for that case. I fear I’d be in the same situation though.

I’m working on modifying the case, stay tuned!

Last edited:
OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
Yeah I was pretty disappointed as well. Here’s what it looks like, I still have a few little things to do like cut out where my quiver mount is hitting the foam right below the arrows. I may add a second strap to my sight as well.

0C09F9BC-BE89-463B-BD26-D16C75D6ECE6.jpeg

OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
I bet you’re going to have the same issue as I did. Your bow will be too small for the case.

It wasn’t too bad pulling up the foam. A guy on YouTube used a torch to heat up a chisel to melt the glue and then pull the base foam up. I just used my hand to pull and a knife to cut. It worked pretty good. I only had a few places where the glue wouldn’t break loose.

MattB

WKR
I was confused when I read the "straps way off" comment - now I see why. I only use my SKB double for air travel and wouldn't fill interior space with foam when it could be used for clothes/gear.

When I travel via car and carry my bow, quiver, and some arrows I use the soft case that came free with my bow. No need for a hard case for that.